Fishroom

Reaction score
Hey guys!

Ysterday my fishroom equipment got delivered. man its so cool! i have 6X 1.2M tanks and 6X 50X50X50 cubes (125L). I want to setup 2 of the 1.2s and 2 of the cubes as holding tanks for the big tank i am setting up. Would i need to run skimmers on these or will sponge filters be ok?

LR and sponge will be fine.but if you can afford skimmers,why not :)

becuase they cost money? :p

it will be for fish only mostly... and some other interesting things i pick up in my travels

Why not get one large skimmer to run the lot, expensive but much easier than changing the media in 5 or 6 different cannisters.

becuase they cost money? :p

it will be for fish only mostly... and some other interesting things i pick up in my travels
lol yeah coz they cost money:lol:
a few years back,i kept 12 2 ft holding tanks.
each one had its own over flow and in that over flow i had filter wool an LR below that.and that was it!fish were all healthy in the tanks.

they arent drilled :( what i can do is to have them drilled and put a 1.2M sump at the bottom and then have a flow thru system.... but this will only work on the 1.2s :(

Why not get one large skimmer to run the lot, expensive but much easier than changing the media in 5 or 6 different cannisters.

Agreed - something like the Aqua Medic 5000 twin, or a Deltec AP 1004 (or 1006, if you could afford it...) would be about right...

It might also be a good idea to run ozone and/or UV is the tanks are all connected together.

I'm of course VERY envious, wish I could have a dedicated fish room...

Hennie

hehehehe - Hennie my granny flat promtly got turned into the fishroom.... already got tile floors and all.... you guys wont be TO mad if i have some bathwater fish in there as well? :p

so this is what R1500 bought me.... yes thats right! R1500 :thumbup:

IMG_8364.jpg

IMG_8365.jpg

IMG_8366.jpg

IMG_8367.jpg

IMG_8368.jpg

IMG_8369.jpg

IMG_8370.jpg

As you guys can see its easy to setup a sump for these guys - all i do is to drill a 50mm hole in the bottom.... setup a 50mm pipe that goes into the next tank... dead easy

yep you could configure a really cool sump system...big fug, big frag tank, big settlement tank, big QT tank...big everything!!

Now all you have to do is drop your crazy cold water idea and go full blown reef:p

shot dude, for 1500
thats cheap.
i still need to build my stands, can you maybe post a pic of the frames from the cubes for me please, i would really love to see what metal is used and how it is put together .

Back
Top Bottom