Reef Safe: Yes or No

Primary Food:

Agressiveness:

Benificial to Reef Aquarium: Yes or No and state why

Generally Availability:

Convict Tang:

Latin Name: Acanthurus triostegus

Reef Safe: yes

Primary Food: Natural algae grazer, typical tang food, flake and plenty of "greens"

Agressiveness: been known to bully a weeker member of it's own species(maybe two males rather than harem style shoal)
Benificial to Reef Aquarium : yes, as above algae grazers, which is always handy

Generally Availability : Dunno, but they are a bugger to get hold of in the UK:(

Sorry don't see the squirrel fish over here

Man oh man, I had about 20 plus the week before last week that I caught in a net, but only kept 02. Next time I'll know- Thank you Wee-Man

oo now i know the convict tang!
I also cought a few at margate got them to my tank and they lasted for 1 week and then picked.
Silver with black tripes.
Looks like a criminal fish hence the name cofict

yeah we here in KZN dont really appreciate the convicts as they are so common along our shorelines,but a school of that in a tank will be wicked!!!!

we only get a school of kirper,karp and trout here.
Wil get you a few mekaeel?

mmm , what you want: *Trout (eet flys)
* Kirper (don't no)
*karp ( k@k)

Easy to feed, especialy the karp:p

are u for real?
I want to start diving so so so so bad but don't know where in PTA to learn for cheap.
And the gear is pretty expencive

i meant scuba:whistling:
If i'm near durbs i'll PM you then we must go for a snorkel.( DECEMBER):yeahdude:
i have never done that before.
I always stand in the rockpools and catch the stupid little gobies and k@k "goed"

I once cought a lionfish...pretty cool...and 2 snowflake eels and a little boksfish

i meant scuba:whistling:
If i'm near durbs i'll PM you then we must go for a snorkel.( DECEMBER):yeahdude:
i have never done that before.
I always stand in the rockpools and catch the stupid little gobies and k@k "goed"

I once cought a lionfish...pretty cool...and 2 snowflake eels and a little boksfish
i dont have a scuba qualification nor gear,just used a friends,but didnt really like the feel.prefer free diving,can move much faster...
yeah you more than welcome to ring me up and we can go out for a dive

Back
Top Bottom