Fish Tank Repairs

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by KSDavis, 9 Apr 2018.

1. KSDavis

KSDavis

Hello All,

I have a 500l 2m long fresh water tank. It is rather old but still in good shape overall.

My only issue with the tank is that the previous owners reapplied silicone on the inner joints as the existing silicone began peeling and trapping dirt. Unfortunately, the workmanship wasn't very good and now I'm left with unsightly and uneven silicone lines.

Also, the tank has a few fine scratches from shuffling around rocks when cleaning and redecorating.

My question now is if anyone knows of a place where I can take the tank to have the fine scratches buffered and the silicone completely stripped off and reapplied from scratch.

I was thinking of doing the silicone myself, but I have no experience and fear the tank leaking when filled so I'd rather get a professional.

I live in Middelburg, Mpumalanga, but I do travel to Joburg often so anyplace around these areas will be perfect.

Thank you.

Recent Posts