Fish needed to eat hair algae

Reaction score
hi grew
iv just started to notice some hair algae sprouting up all over my tank and i wanto stop it before it becimes a 'viper tank' please could someone tell me what fish i could introduce to my tank to combat this problem ? all my parameters are good and there is verry little in the tank that can release phosfates
kind regards

calvin

foxface and sailfin do well

Get yourself a true lawnmower blenny, (Salarias fasciatus) my one chows himself dik on the hair algae, he doesn't stop, every time I look at the tank he is eating, doesn't matter if it's short or long, he mows it.

cool where can i get one dean ? i dont think there are any left at wilfreds place

I'm not sure, I placed a special order with Wilfred, maybe try the 2 shops in Northdale, I can't think of their names right now, but make sure you get the true lawnmower blenny.

No, we get a different but very similar species. I was advised to rather get the true lawnmower blenny.

Actually, I might have the scientific name wrong, will have to double check tonight.

yip, that's the one mekaeel, my one looks constantly pregnant, his tummy is always full and round.

Back
Top Bottom