Fish List for New 2m

Reaction score
Hey, with the new 2000X750X750 tank, i was looking at what fish would do well in there, and not chomp my SPS, LPS, or softies, my inverts or each other for that fact. I've got a list of the stuff i like, and ahead of time i'm gonna say i'm not gonna have all of these cause thats insane, but that i like them. I am also looking to get a nennie down the line so if a particular fish is extremely prone(stupid) to getting caught by a nennie please tell me. Also could you please suggest a number of fish that i can keep in the tank without it being overstocked, but heavily stocked isnt too bad either(skimming wise-going overkill)

What i have already and will transfer:
Sailfin Tang
Cleaner Wrasse
Maroon Clownfish(going to try get a second and pair them off)

What i like:
Yellow tang
Achilles tang(yes, i know)
gem tang
purple tang
Powder blue/brown
Naso tang
sohail tang
clown tang
hippo tang
flame angel
jumping bean
coral beauty
french angel
potters angel
lemonpeel angel
kingi angel killkanga
Clown trigger
moorish idol
long nose hawkfish

want to avoid some of the smaller fish like shoalers and stuff because i prefer the big fish and dont want them to get eaten or something
and a dwarf lionfish(would like to but not sure if he's going to eat some of the smaller angels/wrasse)

suggestions and reasons as to why any of the ones i've mentioned are not suitable(eg cash,availability etc) please tell me as i'm not sure myself:thumbup:

Awsome fish collection you planning!
Moorish Idol, I would not advise as they dont really do well in our little glass boxes.

Awsome fish collection you planning!
Moorish Idol, I would not advise as they dont really do well in our little glass boxes.
of course buddy, based most of it on what you got:thumbup: any ideas on what amount i could have in a tank without it being overstocked?
Gem Tang lol, someone has lots and lots of money to spend :whistling:
haha, not really, gonna go diving and find one:)

Ok you got a big tank for swimming space. Now you got to worry about nutrient export. BEEEEG skimmer ;)
now i know you are going to be a hero and help me out here hint hint:) thanks for the heads up, if it has to go that way i will invest in an extra skimmer by selling a kidney, not like we use those anyway:) For this tank, with the inteded bioload, and SPS and for softies to thrive aswell, with a total volume of 1400L what should i be skimming?

Very nice list ScubaNinja - only one thing - I hope that you do not want to add ALL those fish into your tank.....
YES - you will still be over stocking your tank, even with a 2 metre....

It could be possible that your DIY skimmer might be able to handle it - BUT - you won't know until such time that you actually have your tank AND skimmer up and running, and have started populating the tank with fish, now, would you? ;)

Cheers mate! BTW: ONCE AGAIN - AWESOME LIST OF FISH THERE! Good luck in finding them!

Very nice list ScubaNinja - only one thing - I hope that you do not want to add ALL those fish into your tank.....
YES - you will still be over stocking your tank, even with a 2 metre....

It could be possible that your DIY skimmer might be able to handle it - BUT - you won't know until such time that you actually have your tank AND skimmer up and running, and have started populating the tank with fish, now, would you? ;)

Cheers mate! BTW: ONCE AGAIN - AWESOME LIST OF FISH THERE! Good luck in finding them!
about the stocking issue, is i want to know how much i can keep in a 2m, not whether or not all the stuff i mentioned was overstocking:):lookhere:
I've got a list of the stuff i like, and ahead of time i'm gonna say i'm not gonna have all of these cause thats insane, but that i like them.

Something with very nice colour, might be a bit small

Orchid Gramma Purple

Also is a nice beginners fish.

check out
UltimateReef.com - Good Starter Fish
thanks for the input but i'm trying to avoid little stuff cause it will get eaten..:whistling: but not really a fan of the grammas though, love angels and tangs as you can probably see:)

about the stocking issue, is i want to know how much i can keep in a 2m, not whether or not all the stuff i mentioned was overstocking

Issant the golden rule 20-25L per fish?

Back
Top Bottom