Fish Health Help

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by Storm, 3 Aug 2008.

1. Storm

Storm

Hello everyone, recently i have been struggling like mad to keep newly purchased marines alive for more then a day or 2 I have lost 3 in 2 weeks . Its really starting to take a strain on my pocket. I have tried QT, setting temp to 30'C, lowering Salinity, water changes, making sure ALL parameters are in check, lowering lighting and covering up the tank to avoid any movement passed the glass. Properly acclimating for 60mins. But alass i seem to be getting nowhere. Im even considering purchasing UV on the QT and just nuke everything thats how desperate i am. Because my first purchase died off Velvet (i think), and my 2nd purchase X2 died of Clownfish disease. Now really could anyone please advise me what else i can try? I cant see it being my tank as its stocked with other very healthy eating "fragiler" fish like Anthias and Tangs who have no problems whatsoever. Anyways i hope to hear from more experienced reefers in this department.

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Shaun

Shaun Retired Moderator

4. jacquesb

jacquesb Retired Moderator

Yeah Thalion - you thinking the same as I am.... Storm - perhaps try fish from a different LFS..... Or perhaps see if you can catch some fish in the rock pools, just to start off.... and to start building your confidence...

5. Storm

Storm Thread Starter

jacquesb and Thallion my Anthias are all dived out or caught from rock pools. I have had no problems with any of them, all are fine and eating and healthy. I also keep a Seargent Mayor Damsel in the QT to keep it Cycled, and when i move a fish to QT he goes to the sump, no signs of distress from it, it eats like a pig. So there's nothing wrong with my main or QT tank. What i am thinking is either A) im having very horrible luck or B) the suppliers shipping methods are questionable. Ive noticed LFS usually get shipments on exactly the same time (With 1-2 days varying). And some animals do have there fins bitten and torn here and there but i doubt that would cause the death of a fish?. Still, i hate seeing animals needlessly die, and it grinds me... especially when i do my utmost best to keep them alive. Oh and the the fish came from 2 different shops. But they received shipments at the same time.

Last edited: 3 Aug 2008
Recent Posts