Fish food preference

Reaction score
Hi

Was just wondering, is it better to feed fish frozen foods or flakes.

I always hear people saying they are trying to get the fish to eat flakes, does this mean the flakes are better?

Currently, i only have a solarius goby, sailfin tang and blue cheak goby in my 1.2m tank, and im feeding frozen foods (marine mix and mysis shrimp).

Are these food types okay or should i look at feeding flake?

Does flake bring out the fishes colour and health more?

Mekaeel

Reaction score
There is nothing wrong in feeding frozen foods, as long as you defrost it using a tea strainer to release the excess water from the food as it is high in nutrients and can lead to P04 and nitrate problems. You can feed flakes and pellets that are available at your LFS. I do, and my fish love it. A mix of different foods is actually better for your fishes diet. In terms of color of fsh, sorry, I cannot comment.

viper357

Admin
Reaction score
Some flake foods advertise colour enhancing ingredients, whether or not it works, no idea, but it's definitely a good idea to have a variety of foods for your fish to ensure they have a varied diet and are getting all the nutrients they require. I used to use a mixture of frozen foods, Nutrafin and Omega One flakes and then I also made up my own frozen marine mix.

Buy some Nori for your sailfin tang.