Fish first aid kit

RiaanP

Reaction score
What would be your essential items in your first aid kit.

Not for humans... But for your fish. What is the most important items you do need for most emergencies.

a spare tank in case your main tank cracks
Or maybe a big plastic tub or two stored away from the cleaning lady. Easier to pack it up in the rafters of your garage than trying to put an empty glass box out of the way.

Towels, lots of towels lol.
Some spare buckets, a few air pumps. Heater if it's cold.

If my tank cracked I would just chick all of my stuff into my dads tank lol

and in the line of medicine. What should you have?

Seachem Entice natural scent and flavor enhancer for finicky eaters , Hebatana for when your fish are sick , Iodine for coral dips, just my thoughts...

Hebatana will not work to cure sick fish ,it only treats the water pretty useless at treating fish more negative effects than positive.

Agree with many of the above. Would add stressguard to the list as well.

Garlic for whitespot!!!

There are guys believing in garlic.
At least it will help your to entice your fish to eat. As long as they are still eating you can get them through whatever. But when they stop eating, then the battle is as good as lost mostly.

Its like humans, who when we feel sick are not too much in the mood for food. But let somebody walk into the room with a freshly made pizza, with a little extra dash of garlic. Yeah, you will ask for a slice.

Up to now, I never used it. I see it as not a cure, but a tool to help you keep the fish on eating. In that regard it should also help out in all other bacterial infections as well.

Back
Top Bottom