Urgent help needed Fish fighting

Discussion in 'Urgent Help Needed' started by TheresaC, 9 Aug 2014.

1. TheresaC

TheresaC

Hi everyone,

I bought a Chalk Bass yesterday and last night after acclimating it and putting it in the tank my Jumping Bean Angel started chasing the Chalk Bass.

I immediately switched off the lights and put a blanket over the tank as this has worked on a previous occasion.

This morning I switched the lights back on and as soon as the Chalk Bass came out the Jumping Bean started attacking it. The Chalk Bass seems stressed out by all the chasing and attacking.

Is there anything I can do to make the Angel stop?

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. viper357

viper357 Admin MASA Contributor

Unfortunately these fish can sometimes be quite aggressive and are often known to kill other fish in the tank, not really much you can do apart from removing them in my experience, although having said that, my one was a model citizen, granted most of the other fish were quite a bit bigger than him though.

4. Dexter

Dexter

@theresa Cloete....I also had to get rid of my Jumping Bean a month or so ago....He was also attacking my other fish....he was the smallest in the tank but he took the regal on. Unfortunately their behaviour doesn't suit their colours. But that's reality. I couldn't believe mine was so aggressive towards my other fish. He was the "boss" in my tank.

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Nov 2015
  5. tekkengal

tekkengal Moderator

Try rearranging the rock work, the bean will think it is in a new location and will then need to find a "new" territory. This Has helped on numerous occasions when I put in new fish in my tank. I would only alter the scape on one side of the tank and let the newcomer in on that side. The existing fish used to be freaked out at the change and only hang out by the side that was the same, it was very amusing to see :)

6. RiaanP

RiaanP Moderator

if you got a sump, put the Bean in there for 2 or 3 days

7. Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Nov 2015
  8. ShaunSwindon

ShaunSwindon

I agree :thumbup:

9. TheresaC

TheresaC Thread Starter

Thank you for all the advice everyone. I rescaped a bit and the bullying has stopped. The Chalk Bass is happy and eating well now. Mr. Jumping Bean is still the boss and all the other fish is reminded of that often. :)

Recent Posts