Fish Compatibility - Advice needed

highlander

Hermit Crab
Reaction score
Hi.

I am about to stock up my tank with fish soon. My tank is 1m by 50 by 50 and I wanna put in a fire goby, 2 banggai cardinals and 2 clown fish. The tank currently has a few snails, hermits and will have shrimps at a later stage.

Is it alright to get those types of fish and them get along? I also have mushrooms and sps which I dont want them to chow...

moz

Chromis
Reaction score
Those fish should get along with out too many problems, I have common clowns and fire gobies who ignore each other most of the time. Can't speak from experience on the banggai's but I don't think there will be a problem. Your corals will be fine. What type of clown are you planning on adding some are a lot more territorial than others.

Warr7207

Moorish Idol
Reaction score
Great fish you have chosen, personally I wouldn't have gone with the cardinal, they just abit boring, don't swim around much etc.

mike Bushie

Chromis
Reaction score
so are the fire goby's good looking fish just boring don't do mush. go for a jumping bean. very cool

moz

Chromis
Reaction score
If you are looking for fish with character for a nano you can't go wrong with clown gobies or bicolour blenny, although clown gobies they have been known to damage sps's

highlander

Hermit Crab
Reaction score
thanks for advice guys... i bought a fire goby earlier today but he just hides the whole time so maybe not the best thing to have. The cardinal maybe abit boring but that guy just looks so cool...

anyways i think i will start off with a pair of common clowns, or black clowns if i can find them. Then later add a bicolor blenny, then possibly the cardinals if i still have the itch for them. Which other clown fish are fish-friendly, hardy and active?