Fish compatability

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by red deacon, 12 Nov 2014.

1. red deacon

red deacon

Hi guys, I need some advice from the clevers please. I have a TL550, I have had this for 4 months after buying a complete system from a member on this forum. The tank has both fish and corals and has been an absolute pleasure, providing hours of entertainment and banishing my 770l tropical tank to a passing interest :whistling:
    Lets face it, marine is so much more interesting!

I have the following fish in my tank with approximate size

Regal Tang 8cm ( will be replacing him soon as he needs a bigger setup )
    Pair of black and white clownfish 5cm
    2 X Cardinals 3cm
    3 x blue cromies 2-3cm
    Doctor Wrasse 3cm

On Sunday I purchased a 3cm Jumping Bean from Dorrys. The fish has adapted well and is working on reducing some of my algae on rocks and is constantly pecking away. The advice I need is this. The female clownfish is obsessed with the JB and stalks the dude around the tank. She has shown absolutely no aggression previously and takes absolutely no interest in any of the other fish in any way. The chasing of the JB gets the Regal Tand interested every now and then and he joins in the persuit, but this does not happen often and I believe is triggered by the "chase".

The Jumping Bean easily evades all attention and does not seem to be overly stressed about the attention given. He carries on with his algae pursuit immediately after the chase as if nothing has happened. I am concerned however that at some stage the chase may be successful and that he may get injured. Should I replace this guy or leave the tank as is?

Thanks

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Dexter

Dexter

To be honest Jumping Beans is the devils fish. They are aggressive fish. I had one in a 1.2m setup and he quickly became the boss of the tank. Terorised all the fish I had in the tank. Even killed one of my yellow tangs. That was the last straw....Took him to the lfs and swopped him for a packet of frozen food.

4. Lord_Blackadder

Lord_Blackadder

Jumping beans can definitely handle a bit of aggression. Very tough little fish.

The one I caught last season is about 5cm now and is the best one I've had. Not aggressive and doesn't touch corals. Most of them I've kept were nasty little buggers.

carlosdeandrade likes this.
  5. Vilas

Vilas

My jumping bean is a model citizen. Guess they can be hit or miss?

6. carlosdeandrade

carlosdeandrade

7. Vilas

Vilas

They are such individuals. I've had one who was peaceful and mellow, and I've had one who was a mini shark.

Recent Posts