Fish back to lfs

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by Charl_Stanhope, 19 Apr 2011.

1. Charl_Stanhope

Charl_Stanhope

hey guys.

Ive been in this hobby for a year and a half now. Ive always had a fish only tank but Im ready(and Im sure my tank is) to add coral. My question is : Ive got a tomato clown(7cm) and a keyhole angelfish,with 2 percula clowns. I have to get rid of the tomato clown cause its not getting along with other 2 clowns and also the keyhole angel cause its not reefsafe. What is a good price to get for them if you take them to a fish shop(im willing to spend the money at lfs).

Also what is a good heater to buy for a 130litre tank?

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Kunhardt

Kunhardt

R120-R150 is a realistic price for the Tomato Clown I think, the Keyhole is like any other dwarf and can be kept in a reef tank....although there is the chance it may nip at some corals. If you are really wanting to sell it then R300 is probably a good price.

Heater - Jaeger is the best make...but I have never seen any other size lower than 300w, which I think may be a bit of overkill for a 130L system. But if you have the space...they are big...and the cash then I would go for one for sure.

4. Charl_Stanhope

Charl_Stanhope Thread Starter

So will you take a chance adding coral coz I really like my keyhole(he was my first fish). Im gonna start with some zoas and some starter easy to keep coral. Maybe mushrooms. I also want to add some shrimp and maybe a hermit. Will the keyhole try to eat the shrimp ? Ive only had snails and starfish for a while and they are all happy.

5. Kunhardt

Kunhardt

No the angel wont eat the shrimps and hermits...if anything it will nip your zoas, if it doesnt nip at them then you should be good. Although the more likely corals that they tend to go for are Open Brain types and inverts such as Clams. Mushrooms, leathers that sort of thing shoudnt be a problem at all.

6. Charl_Stanhope

Charl_Stanhope Thread Starter

will try adding coral to tank without getting rid of angel. the 2 clowns should also be o.k with him in tank? Thanks for advice

Recent Posts