First Sign of Life...

Discussion in 'ID Needed' started by belindamotion, 28 Jan 2011.

1. belindamotion

belindamotion Google Master

Just posted this Thread on General Discussions but saw it should go here:(

I just saw my first sign of life...!!:thumbup: It looks like the body of a Crab, but has tenticles and it's see-thru...and just walked across my "sand" to another Live Rock...:p What is this little thing and is it a good thing or a bad thing in my Tank..it's about 1cm in length, tenticles stretched out...maybe 1 and a half...:eek:

http://www.marineaquariumsa.com/pict...pictureid=1113

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. maxisoft

maxisoft

Welcome To Masa.... probably a pod. Cant see much in the pic...

4. KeeganP

KeeganP

Hey that kinda looks like a brittle starfish, is it not? cant see to well with that pic.
    Oh and congrats with the first sign of life :D :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator: 29 Jan 2011
  5. belindamotion

belindamotion Thread Starter Google Master

Hey Keeganp..took a look on the Internet..sure got the shape of the "thingy" I saw :thumbup:..didn't think I'll see any life for a few weeks...:biggrin: yesterday was actually the first day my tank "stood still"...I was expecting "growth" not "animals"...!!! Hell I'm so new at this...does this creature need "food" or will the Live Rock supply...? I'm still using ORGANIC AQUA SETUP 1..still in the first week, next week I add more...will it effect my Starfish...!? If it is that...

Last edited: 29 Jan 2011
  6. KeeganP

KeeganP

LOl, thats awesome, It most probably came out from the live rock you bought, Where in SA are you? is most probably looks like this, if you had live stock in your tank they'd eat the stuff that falls to the bottom on between the live rock, but if you going to feed him, he'll eat
    finely chopped meaty marine foods (shrimp, squid, marine fish, frozen marine fish food, mysis shrimp) and algae

[​IMG]

7. belindamotion

belindamotion Thread Starter Google Master

Pinetown...that sure is the shape...although colour is hard to say as it's kind of milky see-thru, but yes, with kind-of grey stripes...do I have to feed it? :eek: or is there enough food from my Live Rock...how do I know if he has enough food (only with my live rock)...if I do feed as I'm only starting my Tank Set-up, so there is no other "food" except Live Rock.. not sure I know where he is :lol:...so do I just place it somewhere...where I saw him go last..?

Last edited: 29 Jan 2011
  8. KeeganP

KeeganP

Yeah I was gona say... Dont expect to see him much again, they like hiding and not seen much, Well im not really sure if he'll be happy with your live rock, but if you feeding just pop some, (not alot) brine shrimp in the tank or which ever food they'll smell it and go for it. Good luck :D

Recent Posts