First setup

Reaction score
Filled tank and added LR today. Its my first tank so criticism welcome;). I thought bigger pieces would be better but maybe not. Waiting for some silicone to cure in the sump so will fill completely tomorrow. I will take pics of the amateur sump once all connected!
tank-2.jpg

Any aquascaping suggestions?

Looking great gaboon.
Aquascaping is decorating. A personal thing based on preference. The only advice would be to allow as much flow to go into and around your rock, which i must say you have some nice looking pieces.:yeahdude:

The one thing i would change though is the Seio casings. Remove them. The back pressure created by the 90 degree outlet, affects efficiency.:thumbup:

Try move that pump on the right, take the rock that is leaning against the overflow and lay it flat against the two top pieces as a sort of bridge. That will give you more place to put corals. ???

I agree with Viper's rock placement, also how is your light mounted, it looks balanced on top rather that mounted?

I agree on the SEIO's reove the casings and run TUNZE style.

Ya, the light is balancing precariously! I still have to silicone a strip of glass to kind of hook it in place. I'll take the casings off immediately, makes you wonder why they have casings in the first place. Using big pieces like this has its advantages: The gaps are so much bigger between the rocks, you get that much more circulation.

Ya, the light is balancing precariously! I still have to silicone a strip of glass to kind of hook it in place. I'll take the casings off immediately, makes you wonder why they have casings in the first place. Using big pieces like this has its advantages: The gaps are so much bigger between the rocks, you get that much more circulation.

Sorry, i don't get you - take the casing off what, the lights? and where do you intend to hook up the glass?

Casings of the SEIO's

What village you from? :lol: :lol:

Word of advise to every one: Don't buy a tank like this, with only 40cm width you are limited! This is a big learning curve for me, cant wait to build a monster when I get a bigger place next year but I'm gonna make this a beaut:). The nice thing about the cycle period is that I can get the aquascaping right.

Is the lighting adequate? The tank is 760mm wide and 640mm deep. lighting is 3 T5's, 2 white, 1 blue. It looks good but I'm no expert.

What village you from? :lol: :lol:

Read it, smarty pants, where does stop talking about lights stop, and start talking about Seios start, huh? huh?

Oh and it's St Pauls Cray - been chief idiot there for nearly 5 years now - bucking for promotion too;)

Is the lighting adequate? The tank is 760mm wide and 640mm deep. lighting is 3 T5's, 2 white, 1 blue. It looks good but I'm no expert.

What tubes do you have? the white T5's need to be 10.000k to keep corals properly - anything less will start to promote algae growth.

Being a newbie, fish, anenomies, soft corals. Don't have an interest in hard corals as yet. I know it will come though:).

Oh, I haven't quite figured out the difference between hard, soft, polyps etc. I know hard corals have a skeleton:whistling:.

Being a newbie, fish, anenomies, soft corals. Don't have an interest in hard corals as yet. I know it will come though:).

No difference in lighting requirements really, the difference between fish, soft coral, anemonies and hard corals is differences in difficulty of care.

Back
Top Bottom