First fish

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by Docsuliman, 17 Dec 2013.

1. Docsuliman

Docsuliman

Hi guys.

So I added my first fish, 2 of them. Angel fish- silver in color wid two black stripes n yellow fin. Did well for the first 3 days. But now, the one is hiding behind blower n turned black. Added 3 hermit crabs & 2 snails as well. Snails didn'take it.

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. viper357

viper357 Admin MASA Contributor

Hi, we're going to need a bit more information from you. I assume it's a new tank, how long has it been running? Has the cycle finished?

What angelfish have you got, I can't think of it from your description? The only thing I can think of is a Moorish Idol or a Bannerfish.

Did you acclimatise the snails before putting them in?

4. Docsuliman

Docsuliman Thread Starter

Yes I did acclimize it. Been 6 Weeks now. Now the one fish is literally chasing the other(black one)around the tank. And so it hides behind the blowers. Mayb he trying to camouflage? I Duno. At the beginning they Wud not leave each otherS
    Side. Now they fyting constantly. Territory mayb?

5. Bflynn

Bflynn

Moorish Idols do go very dark when being attacked. I have no experience with this fish, but I would expect that they prefer a school of more than two. Or you could just keep one. They would also fight if tank is a bit small? I do have experience with inverts like snails. All inverts take longer to acclimatize than fish and are very sensitive to sudden changes in water.

6. RiaanP

RiaanP Moderator

as they say, a picture says a thousand words...

Recent Posts