First Anemone

I’m sorry that I am just now getting to this, I’ve had computer problems and have been without the internet. L

I am not an expert when it comes to nennies but does this look healthy to you? I noticed the tentacles are quite sticky and grabs free floating flakes and frozen mysis. Should I still feed twice weekly?

Yes, it looks healthy. If the anemone is getting food when you feed the rest of the tank, you won’t need to target feed the anemone.

1) the nennie is not opening fully yet. How long will it take?

Can we get an updated picture of the anemone?

2) my nennie seems to be grabbing alot of food that floats by. Should i still feed it twice a week?

No, if you overfeed it will regurgitate and will not be getting anything to eat.

10664cc678a8dc302.jpg

The anemone looks great. As long as it is getting food when you feed the rest of the tank, I would leave it alone for now. Let us know if anything changes.

I think im just paranoid!!
Yip :p Your anemone looks very healthy, as long as your tank is mature and your parameters are in order then I don't foresee any problems. I also have a BTA that has it's foot deep inside a hole in a rock and he used to scare the daylights out of me, his foot was so deep in the rock that when he deflated he would completely disappear inside the rock, I had to move the hood of the tank and look down from the top to find him, but he's still there and as happy as anything.

Yours looks very happy in his little hole.:)

Thanks David

So a week has gone by and all is well. Its still maintaining colour and has opened up fully since Tuesday. Here is a pic I took on tuesday
10664ccaa11ae7285.jpg

My clown started hosting the nennie today.
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: Feels good doesn't it. ;)

Just a bit of trivia for you, most of us say that the clown is hosting in the anemone, but in fact it's the other way around, the anemone is hosting the clown. :)

Cant explain the feeling Viper. After I typed it I knew someones gonna correct me. Its actually a symbiotic relationship;)

Its actually a symbiotic relationship;)
Agreed, however I think it can also be defined as mutualistic or commensal, although I think I'll need to swallow an encyclopaedia before I fully understand the meaning of all those words, lol. :p

Im bored at work so i thought id upload a video.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom