Firfish Fin Help

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by Dylan, 27 May 2016.

1. Dylan

Dylan

Just a question or two (hope the post ends up in the right place still a forum newbie)

I have a firefish with a clownfish and two blue damsels.

I suspected the firefish was being bullied by the little blue devils subsequently having a few small splits in the tail fin and have since moved these little guys to a bigger tank, from 60L to 300L with more rock and hiding space the firefish's fin has yet to start showing any signs of healing after about a month in the new tank.

all the paramaters are in check there is no sign of fin rot or any discoloring also eating healthy swimming perfectly fine with no abnormal behavior, the firefish has his own personal space in the bigger tank with plenty hiding space.

any ideas why the tailfin isnt healing or does it simply take a long time to recover.

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. RiaanP

RiaanP Moderator

In the old 60L, that simply was not enough space for 4 fish. It should grow back eventually. Usually rather quickly. The damage might just be more than what you can see.

Which type of Damsels so you have?

4. Dylan

Dylan Thread Starter

They are yellow tail blue damsels they also seem to have calmed down and be much more docile in the bigger tank

5. RiaanP

RiaanP Moderator

Blue Yellow tail damsels each takes just less than a soccer ball space for their territories. They would have taken each other out and other small fish in a 60L tank.
    Bigger tanks and you can have more a couple of them, as they can get away from each other and establish their own areas. I got 4 of them. One of them is the very first fish I bought.

Last edited: 30 May 2016
    Dylan likes this.
  6. Dylan

Dylan Thread Starter

Thanks for the input @RiaanP really appreciate it will keep an eye on the firefish and there is definitely enough space for the damsels will just have to wait and see.

Recent Posts