Fireworks

:lol: nice way to wake a person up.i think my wife needs to do that to me

Ouch, reminds me of those "white gold between the sleeping troeps toes incedints" nothing like that to wake them up.

Ouch, reminds me of those "white gold between the sleeping troeps toes incedints" nothing like that to wake them up.

Good old times. Woke up a few times with flames surrounding me (White Gold wrapped over the blanket and under the bed and set alight), or the cigarette but pushed between the toes......

Good old times. Woke up a few times with flames surrounding me (White Gold wrapped over the blanket and under the bed and set alight), or the cigarette but pushed between the toes......

indeed indeed :lmao:

indeed indeed :lmao:
61 mech Battalion. 1985. Stationed in Ruakana and Rundu. Nice to meet you. Times when beer was 65cents for a Lion Can and the old Squadron bottle still had a dragon as a Label and "vir elke bokkop lig`n vrou haar ..... (Smokes used to be R1.40 a packet)

We never used crackers for fireworks, we used "Tracers" and flares

Indeed remember 2 beers and you were vrotter than vrot after basics, 1992 vleisbomme 1 PARA batallion,. Border war was well over by the time I got there. All we saw were riots and the like.

Yip elke bokkop is n ... :)

Yeah those were good day

Eish Kanga, You missed out. Completely excluding politics here. The life we had up there was great. No worries. I still do not polish my shoes, nor iron my clothes, nor do I wash any dishes( I'd rather work harder and get somebody to do that) but I, for some stupid reason, still like Baked Beans on "dog Biscuits" and I can still down a beer in 03 seconds flat, and still hid the deck when I hear a gunshot/Cracker/Car Backfire etc.. And a can of Chicken Breani still taste the best

And if ever I can get "Fuel Tablets", I'll buy them all as no Firelighters/Blitz can burn as long as a "Fuel Tablet".

i must say the chicken breyani was good :)

even the ratpack milkshakes were good, but nothing beat the energy bars

indeed the fuel tabs were amazing could heat a whole dixie full of chow. (maybe we need to find where to get them)

i must say the chicken breyani was good :)

even the ratpack milkshakes were good, but nothing beat the energy bars

indeed the fuel tabs were amazing could heat a whole dixie full of chow. (maybe we need to find where to get them)

Now you're talking my Lango Bru

We used to take the Bullet out of the Cartrige, chucked the gun powder out and stuffed it with Energy Bar, and then played "Cowboys and Crooks". It left blue marks. New version for this I suppose is "Paintball"

Now you're talking my Lango Bru

We used to take the Bullet out of the Cartrige, chucked the gun powder out and stuffed it with Energy Bar, and then played "Cowboys and Crooks". It left blue marks. New version for this I suppose is "Paintball"

argggggggggggggghh thats gotto hurt MUCH more than a woosie paintball :lmao: :rofl:

Never tried that

Like you said, it only took 02 Beers to do stupid stuff.....

Oh hell yes, remember running over airport landing strips to catch a cab, 1 am in the morning. and the blanks to wake guys in bushphase, hehe ya you learn how ppl react.

But your paintball is the best, damn those things were hard

Eish Kanga, I know today(If I think back) we fought for the wrong reasons, but if only ALL the men, irrespective of race could go for at least a year (Not for fighting or war), just to learn about respect, Cameraderie, independance, Beliefs, etc., etc., etc....
Now you have to either pay a sh..tload full of money to go on a motivational camp or join the Springbok squad for "Kamp Staaldraad". It'll never be the same. Nowadays if people "battle" with life, they give up too easily, and I see it all the time. If only................

Like all of the guys that went say, never again but hell i'm glad I did it. Teaches you about ppl, we had guys that came from wealthy families who complained about the food, and guys that came from the sticks who couldnt believe how amazing that same food was.
Even had a guy whos mother was a diesel mechanic in Hillbrow, tough bugger.

Amazing what making everyone wear the same clothes and have the same means does to your outlook on life.

Yah just dont join the SA Netball squad, they have "Kamp Staalwol" :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom