Firefox2 webrowser

never tried it out.vipers idea so guess its kak :p

lol, Firefox is a whole lot better, certain parts of this website look a lot better in firefox than it does in IE.

Here's a nice explanation from Rory
IE is a pain in the arse to develop for. It's not very standards compliant and you usually need to use "hacks" to make things work. It's slow. It's full of security holes (at least IE6 was, IE7 is just somewhat annoying). It usually uses more memory than firefox or opera. They didn't introduce tabs (IE7) until loooooong after opera and firefox. I've been using tabs in Opera for about 10 years now and IE7 only just came out with them. It's targeted by most worms etc ie. installing themselves as IE "helpers" so you get random ads popping up, unwanted toolbars etc etc.

I haven't used IE7 much really but generall when IE crashes you lose all your windows. Opera comes with a "recovery" thing so when it crashes it can reopen all your windows/tabs where you were. (you can also save and load "sessions" etc). Firefox also has a similar plugin.

Let me know if you need more reasons :p

2 lazy to look up the ins & outs,do you have to uninstall IE before you can operate it or can u run 2 simultaneously

You can run both of them at the same time :D

Firefox will even import all your favourites and settings for you.

Stunning fish, I wanted to buy one this weekend but he wasn't looking too healthy.

Ah, and it does, too :1::slayer:

The MASA site also loads much quicker, as do a few others I've tried :biggrin:

I'm really glad I changed browsers - will be uninstalling Internet Explorer real soon - thanks for putting the Firefox link on the MASA home page, whoever did that...

Hennie

It's a bit of a mission uninstalling IE. You actually can't really, it just removes the shortcuts etc. You might want to leave it there cos one day you might run into a rubbish site that needs it...

mmm just loaded e bay version of firefox as i do a lot of searching on e bay.nice & fast download.cool

FireFox, Thuderbird and OpenOffice Rule. All way better than the Bill Gates shit

Back
Top Bottom