Firefish & Shrimp

Discussion in 'Marine Fish Discussions' started by jack, 24 Apr 2014.

1. jack

jack

Hi everyone

Ive Bought 3 firefish ans a cleaner shrimp about a month ago, since then ive re aranged my tank once but now the fire fish never come out and the shrimp has seem to make its home around the back of the tank, id realy like them to be more in the front.

Anyone have any ideas as to how i would get them to come out a bit more and have the shrimp rather stay in the front?

PS. couldn't get myself to kiss the crab, so i put it in my sump of the 550 hopefully it cant get back into the tank.:banghead:

Thanks

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Hails

Hails

If you get a feeding ring and only feed in the front the fish may get used to that.

4. Bl0odStone

Bl0odStone

Hey there Jake :)

Firefish are awesome additions but they are mostly lurkers so they would come out quickly to get food and then disappear again or you might see them every now and then making a quick appearance. It usaualy takes them a few months to settle and learn that there's no predators that's going to eat them and that will make them a bit braver and they would come out more.

The shrimp however depends on what sort of shrimp it is. Because its a cleaner shrimp they tend to be very curious and you would always see them running around. But if you have a packed aquascape with lots of hiding place they would be a bit harder to spot.

As for luring them more in a viewing area. Look at some form of grazer foods like New Era Grazers. Stick it in the front of the tank and eventually the fish will learn this is where their food source comes from so that's where they would hang around. It would take them a while to take to the grazer right in the front but ones they do they go mad for it. :thumbup:

5. carlosdeandrade

carlosdeandrade

What fish do you have? Shrimps are mainly nocturnal and if there are fish that bother them, they will stay hidden 'til lights out.

6. jack

jack Thread Starter

Thanks a lot i will try that weeding thing.

I have clowns, sand sifting gobby (yellow dot), firefish and 2 dancing shrimp and a cleaner shrimp, im more a corral and shrimp person but i enjoy the firefish as they always look cool in the pet shops.

Where would i get that type of food? is it frozen or dried?"new era grazer"

Recent Posts