Fire Clownfish

Warr7207

Moorish Idol
Reaction score
I am looking for a friend for my green anemone. The porclein crab ran away and join the other crag on the other side of the tank in the purple tip nemmie.

has anyone had experience with Fire clowns ?

Matt

Wrasse
Reaction score
Warr: Would there not be a lot of aggression between this and your maroon??

Warr7207

Moorish Idol
Reaction score
dude,i wouldnt advise to add another one unless you remove the one thats in your tank and place in the sump for week or two,then introduce both to your display together
The maroon clown is tiny, it would be quite easy to get a bigger Fire. I just wanted to know if anyone has had experience in keeping these boys.

viper357

Admin
Reaction score
He'll probably also bugger off to the purple tip nennie :lol:

ooohhhh, F1 qualifying just started.

Tobes

Retired Moderator
Reaction score

Tobes

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, Massa has suddenly woken up this season. Imagine if it rains, it will be an insane race.
Can't wait, I like both drivers, but Raikonnen my favourite - still miss the king though... Mr Schumi:blue:

seank

Kingi Angel
Reaction score
Believe me if I say different species of Clown fight, and it's normally until one or more is killed, even if you have more than one anemonie in your tank, or the fact that your tank is huge, they still fight

Tobes

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
I had a common clown, a tomato, a clark's clown and a maroon in my 6 foot tank long ago. The maroon minded he's own bussiness, the common clown had his own anemone and the tomato had his own anemone in the day, but at night the clarkie joined the tomato in his bed. Maybe my fish were just abnormal... like me:whistling:

Tobes

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Then I retract my words, but in my setup it did not work
Maybe you were just unlucky Sean. Many people told me that the maroon clown is very aggressive, but the one I had was very calm which was strange considering there were 3 other clowns in my tank. I suppose not all fish in the same species are the same or react the same towards other fish. :wave2:

Warr7207

Moorish Idol
Reaction score
Maybe you were just unlucky Sean. Many people told me that the maroon clown is very aggressive, but the one I had was very calm which was strange considering there were 3 other clowns in my tank. I suppose not all fish in the same species are the same or react the same towards other fish. :wave2:
When Maroons get big they get aggressive. Mine is still tiny and I reckon he is mentally scarred from the punishment he took from a Domini Damsel.

Tobes

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
When Maroons get big they get aggressive. Mine is still tiny and I reckon he is mentally scarred from the punishment he took from a Domini Damsel.
Hate them Domino's, hate damsels - period!! Evil fish :whistling:

Mekaeel

Reaction score
Then I retract my words, but in my setup it did not work
not exactly Sean.i initially had the Clarki in my DT,then after a few months tried introducing the perculia.the clarki busted it up so had to put it into my sumps for where he stayed for +-8 months.then when i started my new cube,chucked both in together and they doing well