Fine sand

Reaction score
Hi
Anyone knows where in durban I can get fine white sand I don't know whats it called but its really fine sand? Also iv noticed some tanks on this forum that has sand like that and I would like to know how do you keep it so white and clean?

Thanks

Sugerfine aragonite. You should be able to source it at any of the sponsors. Just a little pricey though. if your flow is good then it should stay clean coz there'll be no detrtus settlement on it.

Reggies play sand, give it a good rinse.

Also the cheapest option, but make sure you rinse the play sand good.

No, don't remove it leave it as is and add over it

I agree, add the finer sand over it. But just keep some sand left over, the finer sand will fall through the bigger grains of sand/aragonite and your old sand will start re-appearing. When this happens just take the leftover sand and "top-up" :thumbup:

We have one in our 2m tank and the sand is very clean.
not the best option. They normally starve to death over time. Needs lots of sand.
2m might be enough, but smaller and they will starve most likely. Also depends on how much open sand you got.

do not get a sand sifting star for a nano.

What is the big difference other than the massive price difference between reggies play sand and aragonite from the lfs ?

Try play sand from a garden center. Same as Reggies, but a lot cheaper and in a much bigger bag.

But all playsand you need to wash it like a hundred times.

slightly bigger.
less prone to sandstorms, but a pump pointing in the wrong direction will still move the sand.

So if I understand the above statememnt correctly, in your opinion, R65 regular play sand is better than the R1000 aragonite from lfs ?

Back
Top Bottom