Finally, my first fish

Reaction score
After having had my 200 litre tank running for 1 month I have finally added my first resident, being a maroon clown. I also added a small rock with some star polyps to add some "waves" (advantage of soft over hard corals). I also have 2 little blue legged hermies. With the clown being small as he is, the idea is to shortly add more occupants before Jacques(my clown's name) has settled and become too territorial. Also because I only have 1 piece of live rock for now I can add more rock later on, with the idea being that his "home" will change in appearance thus "changing his territory and allow new tank mates to settle in. He is cool.
I will also want to add a cleaner shrimp, but man they are expensive. Price to pay to keep fish clean. My next addition will be a bi-colour blemy. Thats on wednesday.

Good show Gemma! Looking forward to some pics! I have PM'ed lIghty for you regarding those pumps.

BTW: your "Jacques" MIGHT Just turn out to be a "Jacqueline" ;-) (they change sex as soon as you add another clown of either the same size, or smaller - if you add another tomato clown that's bigger, this one will most likely stay male).... :)

Enjoy your tank's journey! Remember - it's YOUR art-work, hey!

Have a look at how nice the nano tanks look, in our competition section.... perhaps vote for one - if you want to! (and if you can!) ;-)

Nice Gemma, but I don't believe you, where's the pics? :biggrin:

Sounds great, but where the pics, bicolour is a great fish with a lot of personality.

Nice Gemma, agreed where the pics? Have you got any snails in the tank?

good to hear.pics please :)

Cool Gemma you are on the map.

Just remember to resist the urge to add livestock too quickly. Your bacteria colonies need to catch up to the bio-load and it takes a bit of time. Patience pays off, trust me ;)

So it starts, well done and i agree 100% with Dragonreef patience is half the battle.

Alfie. No I don't have any snails yet. Would they eat algae? If so I don't have alot or if any algae yet, so my 2 tiny blue hermies are taking care of what there is.

Back
Top Bottom