Filter

Reaction score
thanks, i also need some advice on my DSB. I was playing around with the idea of taking some moist sand home to put in my sump for the DSB. WILL IT WORK????? the tank i bought is a matured tank + - 8 years, however i struggle to get all the waterquality to standard. it is a concern to me as the tank consists of corals, fish and 300kg + live rock

thanks, i also need some advice on my DSB. I was playing around with the idea of taking some moist sand home to put in my sump for the DSB. WILL IT WORK????? the tank i bought is a matured tank + - 8 years, however i struggle to get all the waterquality to standard. it is a concern to me as the tank consists of corals, fish and 300kg + live rock
mature as in you've had it for 8 years or it was mature for 8 years before you got it? if its the latter its not mature any more, but yes it will work. do not transport the sand submerged but only moist otherwise the aerobic bacteria will use up all the oxygen and kill everything. so collect it just before you leave, like 5 minutes before you leave if you know what i mean;)

mature as in you've had it for 8 years or it was mature for 8 years before you got it? if its the latter its not mature any more, but yes it will work. do not transport the sand submerged but only moist otherwise the aerobic bacteria will use up all the oxygen and kill everything. so collect it just before you leave, like 5 minutes before you leave if you know what i mean;)

Thanks For The Replay. Can You Please Tell Me If I Take Home 1 Coler Box Of Sand And Water And Mix It With Play Sand That I Buy From Toy's R Us, Can I Increase The Volume In The Dsb This Way As I Don't Have Enough Space In The Car To Take More Home From The Beach And Will It Cause Amonia Spike?

Hi Guys in TOTI FOR THE WEEK
WANT TO SET UP N DSB.!!

Can You Please Tell Me If I Take Home 1 Coler Box Of Sand And Water And Mix It With Play Sand That I Buy From Toy's R Us, Can I Increase The Volume In The Dsb This Way As I Don't Have Enough Space In The Car To Take More Home From The Beach And Will It Cause Amonia Spike?

Yes you can. Collect the sand on low tide from a beach that is deserted (Not too many bathers and storm outlet pipes).

Scubaninja, thanks for the advice. I just want to make 100% sure, does the sand have to be covered in water or just moist??? i live 650 km away????

Scubaninja, thanks for the advice. I just want to make 100% sure, does the sand have to be covered in water or just moist??? i live 650 km away????
moist. collect just before heading home ok? and make sure, if you want live sand, to collect below the water line, preferrably at low tide(cause its shallower and easier;)) good luck

Animal - take the N2 North towards Empangeni. Then take the Springfield Park Turnoff....
Then - I an unfortunately not help you anymore.... This offramp will take you next to a canal/river. All I know, is that you need to be on the northern side of the river (the opposite side that Makro is)....

Other than that - you will unfortunately have to wait for an address.... sorry man... :( That is as much as I can remember the area (I lived in Durbs many many many many many moons ago ;))

Animal - take the N2 North towards Empangeni. Then take the Springfield Park Turnoff....
Then - I an unfortunately not help you anymore.... This offramp will take you next to a canal/river. All I know, is that you need to be on the northern side of the river (the opposite side that Makro is)....

Other than that - you will unfortunately have to wait for an address.... sorry man... :( That is as much as I can remember the area (I lived in Durbs many many many many many moons ago ;))

Wrong need to be on the south side, they are not far from Makro. You do remember the moved.

Hi Animal - here you go :
Phone:+ 27 (31) 2632767 Fax:+ 27 (31) 2632768 E-mail:info@northlandspets.co.za, admin@northlandspets.co.za
Physical Address:

8 Shop, First Level, Umgeni Business Centre
No.2 Intersite Avenue
Springfield, KwaZulu-Natal
South Africa, 4091

but like the guys said just head like away from the beach (south) and just head toward Makro will be easy enough then!

Dont blame me Scuba - its me and this site gone to WAR! I post something then days sometimes a few hours and sometimes a day to show up! Like I was saying all this started when I tried to load this site on my Nokia N95 - so it look like i'm stuck in space being logged on two devices! I cant even get this site to work 100% on my phone - hence the suggestion to remove me completely and re-registering with a new user name and password!

Get a Sony Ericcson :whistling:

Back
Top Bottom