Filter system for FO tank

Discussion in 'Fish Only Tanks, Predator Tanks' started by ziyaadb, 24 Jan 2009.

1. ziyaadb

ziyaadb

Hey all.

So i sold the old tank and decided on a FO system I am intending on getting a tank of at least 650L minimum(6ft min length). I have got a TS3 and also have plans for an additional external Skimmer considering that i wont be needing trace elements as there will be no corals in the tank. I will also be adding a refugium and a DSB. What i have read is a Trickle filter is also needed for a FO system what are your thoughts on a trickle filter for a FO system and would i also need to run ceramic rings as well since nitrates are not an issue with a FO tank?

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. jacquesb

jacquesb Retired Moderator

GEEZ NO Ziyaad! A TS3 is ALREADY OVERKILL for a 650 litre tank! NO - please DON'T use ceramic rings....

ALL you need, is a DSB, ths TS3 skimmer, and an algae scrubber....

NOTHING ELSE... If you wanted to, you could perhaps add a phosphate remover reactor.... but, the phosphate remover I would say, is only really necessary if you have corals.....

4. ziyaadb

ziyaadb Thread Starter

OOH yes LOL forgot about the carbon and Phosphate reactor thanks for reminding me Jacques. Jacques i am going to be having a few Nice size fish in there man. do you think that i would not need a trickle filter?

5. jacquesb

jacquesb Retired Moderator

Nah Ziyaad - the TS3 is even OVERKILL for a CORAL REEF tank - so, for a fish only tank, you are MORE THAN sorted...

You really don't need anything else! Promise!

Last edited: 24 Jan 2009
  6. ziyaadb

ziyaadb Thread Starter

Sorted thanks Man

Recent Posts