• If you are a related business or shop and wish to advertise on this forum and our facebook group then please send an email to admin@marineaquariumsa.com or use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. Cost is R1500.00 for 6 months sponsorship.

Fiji Purple

Reaction score
Hey sponsors,

Does anybody have or can anybody get Fiji Purple bulbs?

Thanks gents

Ask Sams Aquarium... They are in cape town...Thr number...021 712 2534....I usually by my bulbs thr...They always have fiji purple in stock...

Thanks

Moolis, Korallen Zucht makes the Fifi Purple bulbs (T5's)

Thanks - tried to fit a Fiji coral in there and it did not fit:whistling:

I am old school - like to have everything explained to me and do not understand abbreviations, acronyms, etc.. :whistling:

the same as actinic, just the light is purple instead of blue - resulting in crazy looking corals!

Like so:
DSCN0432.jpg

Check the color of the corals - much more vivid than regular actinic
IMGP4484%20-%202009-05-10%20at%2020-51-43%20(1).jpg

those pics were taken from ReefCentral.

I have been trying to find these bulbs since last year, so if they do have - do me a favour and post prices please.

Thanks dude,

btw - time to post some pics of the frags :lol:

will check that prices out for u!

sad news on the frags,my lawnmower blenny has been chewing those guys up:(
the one zoa is all good tho,will post a pic or two

will check that prices out for u!

sad news on the frags,my lawnmower blenny has been chewing those guys up:(
the one zoa is all good tho,will post a pic or two

Are you sure that hes eating them? that sounds very strange - I have a lawnmower blenny and he just sits on them sometimes :p

Maybe he is eating algae off them? otherwise, try make a small frag rack somewhere high in the tank, to let the zoas open and grow a bit, then put them back down like 2 months later....

it has to be the lawnmower,only have bengaai cardinal,african clown,red leg hermit and shrimp in the tank.lawnmower hovers around the corals all day.
think il raise them rather,until they bigger.
Let me know when u fraggin agen!

Does your clown look like this:
AfricanClownWrasse.jpg

If so it is a wrasse and not a clownfish :(

It is also possible that your hermits and/or blenny are just irritating the zoas so that they are constantly closed? (moving to a frag rack solves this)

or too much/little flow?

this is my clown and wrasse
SDC11539.jpg

zoas prefer medium flow,both zoas are next to each other,but only the one has opened up,other either gettin harassed too much

depending on the length of the stalks will show you how much light and flow they need,

long stalks usually need high light and high flow whereas short stalks will be okay from low flow and low light up to medium flow and high light

ok they all short stalks so they will be ok in the medium flow area(where they)and they in the middle region of the tank!

thnks poiro!

We will be stocking ati globes from end of Jan or Feb if everything works out according to plan;)

we will do the whole range

Back
Top Bottom