Few questions

Discussion in 'Water Parameters and Additives' started by Kavir, 4 Apr 2009.

1. Kavir

Kavir

Hi guys/gals Well firstly my water readings r all fine. I jst want to know for the near future (God forbid) if somethin had to jst go wrong, what can be used and How to use it if the followin r to low or to high Ph,ca,magnesium etc and if nitrates,nitrites, ammonia and phoshates r to high. Whats the best brand or home solution. I only have a FOWLR for now So im only testin ammonia,nitrates/rites and ph. Oh and on water clarity as well as green, red and all sorts of algae Thanks in advance

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Tobes

Tobes Retired Moderator

If some important parameters suddenly go out and can be life threatening, do what Anthony Calfo says:

"Dilution is the solution to polution" ;)

in other words, do an emergency water change and then smaller water changes there after maybe a few days apart. Always have saltwater ready incase of emergency.
    Just by practicing good husbandry by not overfeeding and doing 10% weekly water changes your parameters should be stable. I test my water weekly for all other parameters and check my pH and temp daily. I also record all finding in a diary.

Recent Posts