Fernando Tank

Hi folks !

I just want to keep you posted on my battle with the hair algae.
I added last night the no. 10 dose of the algaefix marine and as I indicated previously this product is working but slowly.
Last night I made the following test of the water quality:

1) salinity: 1.025
2) alkalinity: 7.00 dkh/2.51 meg/l
3) calcium: 380 mg/l
4) Phosphate: 0 (undetectable)
5) Nitrate: 5 mg/l
6) Ph: 8.2
7) Magnesium: 1260 ppm

Regards
Fernando C.

Hi Jaquesb !

thanks for yr msg pls note the last water parameters was tested on March 6th and the results were more or less the same.
Re photos/pictures of my whole tank, well I am not really prepare to send as presently I do not have much corals left after the collapsed situation suffered last year. Right now my tank is trying to return to the normality of a reef tank. On the other hand I can probably take the photo of my sump/refugium and the skimmer and the others equipments.

Regards
Fernando C.

I have found, in my experience, that the phosphates feeding the green hair algae, is usually localized. Meaning - leaching from the live rock where the GHA is growing on. Try and use a turkey baster, or a loose powerhead..... blast a decent stream of water on the rocks where the gha is growing.... if you see a puff of "dust" - you have found the source. The "dust" is detritus that is "hidden" in the rock.....

I have found, in my experience, that the phosphates feeding the green hair algae, is usually localized. Meaning - leaching from the live rock where the GHA is growing on. Try and use a turkey baster, or a loose powerhead..... blast a decent stream of water on the rocks where the gha is growing.... if you see a puff of "dust" - you have found the source. The "dust" is detritus that is "hidden" in the rock.....

Jacques

Excellant, I believe you have just solved my problem:thumbup::peroni:

Jaquues !

At this moment most of the GHA is localized on the side walls of my tank and there are very few rocks with small amount of algae. the algaefix marine is working !!

Regards
Fernando C.

Hi folks !

well I am in the no.13 dose of the algaefix marine and everything apparently is under control no more growing of hair algae which is good ! this product works slowly and the corals are still healthy and the fishes too. the last readings of the water parameters was on March 24th:
salinity: 1.025, alkalinity: 7.0dkh/2.5 meg/l, calcium: 440 , phosphate: 0, nitrate:
5 mg/l, Ph: 8.2 , magnesium: 1260 ppm.

Regards
Fernando C.

WOW, that's brilliant. Maybe we should get the Algaefix here in SA.

Hi folks !

I do not have nothing really to report just to say that I am keep adding the algaefix marine product to my tank. honestly the hair algae is almost gone abt 96% and I am just siphoning the dead algae from the tank. probably I will have more news next week with my water parameters readings.

Regards
Fernando C.

That's good to know

Hi folks !

Now I took the water readings yesterday, results are as follows:
salinity: 1.025, alkalinity: 8.6 dkh, Ph: 8.1/8.2, phosphate: 0.00, nitrate: less than 5 mg/l, calcium: 440 mg/l, magnesio: 1350 ppm, amonia: 0.00, temp.: 24/25°C.
Also just finished to add the no.16 doses of the algaefix marine and is working the hair algae has gone almost 98% as indicated earlier. Just doing cleaning/siphing every 2 weeks to remove the dead algae. the corals soft are healthy with no problems as well as the fishes. I am not sure abt the chaetomorpha I have in my sump.

Regards
Fernando C.

Hi folks !

Now I took the water readings yesterday, results are as follows:
salinity: 1.025, alkalinity: 8.6 dkh, Ph: 8.1/8.2, phosphate: 0.00, nitrate: less than 5 mg/l, calcium: 440 mg/l, magnesio: 1350 ppm, amonia: 0.00, temp.: 24/25°C.
Looks good.:) Glad to hear your hair algae is almost gone.

Back
Top Bottom