Feeler - reef octopus XP 5000 int

Status
Not open for further replies.
@DeanT, I will give you R5k for the skimmer? I'll pay shipping.

I think he has first option bud, shipping won't be a problem, just get a big box from spar, fill it with newspaper and you're A for away. @Zane de Beer wants it, so sell it.:) If the price is too low, you should rather start a FS thread and ask what you really want for it, than rather messing the guys around, not fair for all involved.

Last edited by a moderator:
@carlos
my intention was never to mess anyone around , this deal came up , and i cannot sit with 2 skimmers
i needed to decide wheather i can sell mine and replace it with the other and this was the reason for the feeler

Here is the skimmer a lot of you wanted to know what I was planning on upgrading to
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356025218.962967.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356025218.962967.jpg

Nah, I would have still kept the Blaster xp5000..Still a better skimmer...

@Ridwaan is so correct!!! Oh well, we learn from our mistakes in this hobby!:whistling:

i dont seem to understand how you can call one better than the other

they are rated for different volumes , so how do you claim one is better
people these days are using older skimmers that still perform just as well as new skimmers and some are even using same impellers , just different chambers.

please clarify what makes one better than the other

The air intake of the blaster pump pulls alnost the same amount of air as three of those otp pumps. the xp5000 has bubble plate yo reduce turbulance thereby allowin longer contact time making the skimmer morr rffecient. the cone shape adds to effeciency by allowing bubbles to flow to top og skimmer faster thereby skimming more effeciently.

Why dont u consider changing those otp pumps to blaster 3000 pumps

If you change the pumps to blaster 3000 pumps you will be pulling in around 4000ltrs of air making your new skimmer a beast of note!

I have read on the forum
Buy a skimmer for the tank you eventually want

This was used on a tank that was almost double the size of mine , and was a fish only system that was heavily stocked , so this is for my eventual tank, If I decide to use the other skimmer I will store this one for another day
Still in 2 minds as to which one to use as there are so many nice fish

@Ridwaan explained it well, air intake and contact time are primary principles of a skimmer. He also makes a good suggestion about how you could upgrade it.

I have drilled the original air intake of an ancient Aquamedic twin 5000 to a larger size and it performed soo much better with that little tweak.

Another consideration of your bubble blaster is its shape , it was a cone right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom