3 peppermint shrimp

I have been feeding as follows:

Mondays,Wednesday, Fridays & Sundays

Morning: 1 cube Ocean Nutrition Artemia
1 cube Ocean Nutrition Marine mix

Evening: 1 Cube Ocean Nutrition Cyclops
1 cube Ocean Nutrition Marine Quartet

Tuesday,Thursday Saturday

Morning: Pinch of Flakes and 10 pellets mixed with a 250ml mix of liquid coral food.
Evening : 1 cube Artemia & 1 cube Marine mix

Nitrate levels have historically been 10-25ppm bit now sitting at 50ppm. Ammonia levels are 0, pH is 8.3. I did a 20% water change a week ago. Anenome and bubble coral are fed half a lance fish n a Wednesday and Saturday.Not sure if I am overfeeding.Please could I have your views.

Last edited:
I feed frozen foods in the evening and pellets / flakes in the mornig.
I don't over feed though, small quantities.

My light cycle is 10 hours

Carl I may be one of those unorthodox feeders, I like my fish nice and fat. So I feed everyday, 3 to 4 times per day, as much as they will eat at that stage.

Must say, my fish can last a few days without food, without losing condition.

Sanders

I'd say you over feeding. Four cubes a day, four times a week for that number of fish is a bit much. As suggested, maybe go frozen In the morning and pellets/flakes in the evening

@459b David I am not feeding frozen 3 to 4 times per day, but flakes and pellets. Frozen they get a cube about every second day

Last edited:
@459b Sorry David just now saw you were talking to carlrix

Last edited by a moderator:
I usually just feed whatever they can eat in a couple of minutes , and feed frozen + flakes only at night , with only flakes during the day

How long do you guys leave your lights on? I feed generously once a day because my lights only come on at 10am and then go off at 6pm.

How do you guys feed twice a day? With the lights off or do you leave your lights on 10 hours/day like @Darren24 does?

Last edited by a moderator:
My lights stay in for about 10 hours too, someone feeds it for me while I am at work about an hour or two after lights come on and I feed again in the evening

I do reckon you can cut back on the frozen food.
Maybe drain the frozen food with a tea sift before adding, so that you do not add the water.

For the anemones, you do not need to feed them twice a week. Once a week, or even once every second week is OK.

Back
Top Bottom