Feeding new fish

Reaction score
Hey guys I would just like to know what you guys would recomend for feeding new fish in the tank what do you guys use when you get a new fish, e.g i have a coral beauty now what would you recomend giving to him to get him feeding he is eating, he is eating but not that well he as only been in the tank for two days but im just asking as a just in case as he is eating algea and picking stuff off the rocks ect

Reaction score
Omega One First Flake works well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alan

Admin
Reaction score
Reminder to sponsors please dont sell your products in the open forums and use your sponsor forums to do this.

jacquesb

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Koeks - alternatively - IF this does not work - use something like either freshly crushed garlic, or the SeaChem product called "Entice" to enrich the food with, that the fish might be attracted to the stronger flavors.... Perhaps also try various frozen food. Frozen Mysid shrimp seems to be a favorite with fish.... BUT soak / defrost the mysid in fresh RO water, and then drain through a tea-strainer or something similar....
Do NOT add the defrosted water to your tank....

Reaction score
jacques, why not add the defrosted water? I ahve heard it before but never understood the reason unless for slight increase in phosphates (aka algae fertilizer for my tangs? :))

jacquesb

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Crispin - this is for NEW tanks mostly..... AND if you don't have a skimmer that is rated AT LEAST 2 to 3 times your tank water volume capacity.

The problem is that you MIGHT end up with bryopsis growing, and not GHA. AND NO TANG TOUCHES BRYOPSIS!

Believe me - bryopsis is the biggest bane of ANY reefer!