Feeding fanatics, what do you feed?

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by Bendor, 21 Mar 2015.

1. Bendor

Bendor

Hi guys. I read the RSS feed article by PaulB. He feeds his fish clams and live black worms. Wholefood with meat, guts, poepol en al.

I feed super shrimp, krill, formula 2 pellets and flakes alternating meat and veg, feeding once a day at 18h00. I feed my anemone lance fish every few days.

What do you feed that's a little out there, different, more nutritious, special or just interesting and how often do you feed your fish?

My fish have been healthy for about 18 months now, they look well fed but they don't spawn (two clowns paired) and I think I feed too much at once and should rather feed a bit less twice a day. Maybe start adding clams.

Please tell me, what's your story and why?

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. CameL

CameL

I too read Paul's article and have since bought frozen clams at food lovers, all i can say is that the fish go mad for it. I feed frozen brine shrimp and pellets and flakes, sometimes soaked in garlic depending on how much time i have. To be honest im not sure if the garlic does much as the fish eat like maniacs either way. After all that, from what i've noticed, the clams seem to come out tops as crowd favourite. speaking of...

4. Bendor

Bendor Thread Starter

No one feed anything else than flakes and pellets?

DIY?

5. Paul B

Paul B

You guys should eliminate the flakes, pellets, frozen brine shrimp and just use more clams. That is all you need. That is why your fish are not spawning like they should.

6. Mekaeel

Mekaeel Moderator MASA Contributor

I must give clams a try. Currently feeding four times a day Marine mix, mixed with strips of Nori.

Recent Posts