feeding advise

chikaboo

Flame Angel
Reaction score
Hi all - what feeding advise could your'll give me - i have the ffg in the tank 1 x threadfin butterfly , 1 x kleineye butterfly, 1 x surgeon, 1 x damsel, 1 x coral banded shrimp, 1 x unknown damsel (greediest of all) - i got some mussel meat portions and peeled shrimp & peeled prawn from our Pick 'n Pay and a marine mix from pet shop also some slow sinking morsels and flakes - how often should these fish be fed ?

Dolphin

Shrimp
Reaction score
The Kleinii butterfly needs meaty foods (shrimp, mussels etc) while the Threadfin needs his vegies (nori, asparagus, etc). You haven't mentioned the tangs/surgeons name so I cant comment but most tangs also feed on vegies. If you're making your own food, then try to incorporate all these together. If you're going to purchase frozen foods from your LFS, then you need to consider the different needs of your fish and get a good mix or 2/3 foods to meet all your fishes feeding requirements. The damsels are not particular about their food.

marine101

Damsel
Reaction score
Variety is the spice of life! One word of caution though, homemade frozen can b tricky. Make sure u have the correct filtration equipment as they release a crap load of nutrients into the system, which can destabilse a small, new or inadequately filtered system. I use Omega flakes, pellets, Hikari frozen, nori and homemade frozen