Featherduster breeding

Reaction score
Hi, has anyone ever bred featherdusters? Theres not much info on internet...

Reaction score
I had a crazy amount growing on my one rock. As long as you don't have any fish that eat them like copperbands etc you'll be fine.

Reaction score
i think u talking about the fanworms? not the featherdusters which are the bigger ones?

Reaction score
I wich I could get rid of them in my tank. Buggers breed like crazy

jacquesb

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Yes Highlander - I too am quite sure that they guys are talking about fanworms (the small one's that grows on life rock). You are talking about the huge one's that you purchase at a LFS, right?
No - I have never heard of them being bred in a hobby aquarium (in any aquarium for that matter).

Reaction score
im talking about the big ones u normally put in the sand - i think u guys are talking about the small that attaches to the rock?

Reaction score
i have a baby that i have no clue where it came from. being growing since was the size of a large grain of sugar. noticed it in the sand as its purple and white. now is the size of a R1 coin when open. still in the same spot. got lots of little ones in the sand. dont know if the grow into large tube worms?

fanworms are gay, they always clog up my skimmer pump. they have taken over my sump now. even grow inside the skimmer...