Favorite FW fish?

Reaction score
I know this is a marine forum but all the same lets have a bit of FW discussion...:lol:
What is your favorite fresh water fish and why?

Mine are angels and fancy catfish. Dunno why, but i'm a sucker for fancy catfish. Chocolate tiger pleco, zebra pleco, Queen arabesque pleco being my fav.

Angels, i like the veiltails, zebra's, black(very aggressive!), albino. Why- because i want to breed them and just like them a lot

Pics wanted!

Last edited:
Just love Oscars and Malawis/ cyclids and if you ever want to see the most beautiful freshwater fish in a tank, get yourself a "Makriel". Klaserie Dam as well as the Crocodile river is in abundance with these fish.

About 15 years ago I had a big tank stocked with all the Local Freshwater Fish: Kurper (4 different Species); Bass; Barbel (the Albino ones); Dwarf Tigers (Bloody nice shoal Fish); 03 spot "Gillomien"; "Makriel"; etc. Still think it was the nicest tank I ever had, full of plantlife and no hassles

PigeonBlood discus or Turquoise Discus, Just so serene

Angels, Have a lovely Albino lyretail

And of course my all time fave all though it a common fish is the good old Kribensis, they are so stunning when they breed, the female has such a purple stomach and is so damn aggressive and protective

And of course my all time fave all though it a common fish is the good old Kribensis, they are so stunning when they breed, the female has such a purple stomach and is so damn aggressive and protective

I think Sabi should have started the Thread by saying: Pics to be attached...LoL so we can see how these types of fish looks like (even if copied from Google). Kanga , could you please post pice of this as I am still very interested in local freshwater fish???:wave2:

I think Sabi should have started the Thread by saying: Pics to be attached...LoL so we can see how these types of fish looks like (even if copied from Google). Kanga , could you please post pice of this as I am still very interested in local freshwater fish???:wave2:

Sean, Kribs are unfortuneately not local from Nigeria if I recall, I will find some pics for you unfortuneately I dont have a of the little buggers I bred

Gold nugget pleco.

Do you have one? I'd love to get one.

I'd like to get a powder blue discus. Ordered it sometime ago.

The kribs can't be as aggrssive angels when they fight!

Lol, post pics by all means!

6547e7a31b354e5.jpg
6547e7a301e96ef.jpg
6547e7a2edbe755.jpg

Sean here are some pics of the net, I just love these fellas

Kribensis are really nice fish i have loads and most breeding, very relaxed... my all time favorite FW fish is either the rope fish or pangasius...

Thanks Kanga, no wonder you like them, they more beautiful than my Saltwater fish;)

Sean you should see the attitude they develop when they are breeding, "brekers" real "brekers" I am sure they drink:peroni:

I'll take 'em... ALL of 'em

Hey Dean, I'm gonna try get about 100 of these by June.
:razz:

Oh, I find almost ALL Tropical/Brackish/Coldwater fish, worthy of hobby attention, fascinating enough, to FIND something ATTRACTIVE about them.

Discus, top my list.
Exotic Loricaridae, like these H zebra
Angels, Dwarf cichlids
and the rest that fall into
South American /Central American, West African, Riverine, Rift Lake, Madagascan, Asian cichlids

Primitive fish, Polypterids, Arowana, etc

..and..and..and..and..and

DAMMIT!!

I still collect, breed, import fish and teach fishkeeping, breeding today .

50L46HZebra.jpg

Hey Dean, I'm gonna try get about 100 of these by June.
:razz:

Oh, I find almost ALL Tropical/Brackish/Coldwater fish, worthy of hobby attention, fascinating enough, to FIND something ATTRACTIVE about them.

Discus, top my list.
Exotic Loricaridae, like these H zebra
Angels, Dwarf cichlids
and the rest that fall into
South American /Central American, West African, Riverine, Rift Lake, Madagascan, Asian cichlids

Primitive fish, Polypterids, Arowana, etc

..and..and..and..and..and

DAMMIT!!

I still collect, breed, import fish and teach fishkeeping, breeding today .

50L46HZebra.jpg
Zebra pleco's!! Oh my, how i want one of those!
Do you sell them Liaquat?

Back
Top Bottom