favorite bacteria strains

Discussion in 'Chemical Filtration / Low Nutrient Systems - LNS' started by magman, 29 Feb 2012.

1. magman

magman

Hi all,

I was just reading another thread, but thought rather start a new one instead of taking the other off topic,

But whats your favorite bacteria strains? And how have they compared to others?

I am currently dosing stability in a new tank, tommorrow the tank will be two weeks old, but for the last week I have seen one or two tell tale cynao bubbles appear, but no break out of cynao yet, I am happy with it, I havn't tried other brands, but is there anyone who has used it and then found a better, which is your favorite that you have used that beats other brands you have tried.

I guess the main question is which brands out compete others that you have tried:yeahdude:

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Tremayn

Tremayn

I have tried stability.. It had like no effect. i guess its very mild.

BioDigest was waaaaaay better. You notice results. I would put biodigest as a decently potent product. BioDigest and bioptim work well and gives you good results.

Currently Im using zeobak. Honestly I cant really say how it is as its in conjunction with a zeo reactor but a little goes a long way so I take it that its a lot more potent than others in the market. You only use 1 drop per 100L.

I have heard a lot of mixed results with MB7, more negative than good so personally I would never try it.

I hear good things about special blend, I would think its about as good as biodigest

4. Tremayn

Tremayn

also, I was just messing around the other day. I put some tank water in a cup, 3 drops of zeobak and 0.3ml of zeostart3 and got an instant bacterial bloom, so the stuff is active lol

5. brentv

brentv

Aquaria, one of the sponsors on this forum has a new bacteria product that they say has 2 million count per ml :eek:
    Looks like a well priced product!! Check on his sponsor link.
    I'm gonna test it compared to special blend, which I'm having great results as soon as my container is finished.

6. HenkHugo

HenkHugo

@brentv - have you asked them to disclose which strains as well as supply you with the proof that it has 2mil per ml? Its very easy to make all sorts of claims but it is much harder to back it up with scientific proof.

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Nov 2015
  7. Tony

Tony

Dallas cycled a tank with Seachem Stability in a day with no losses and I cycled a tank in a day with Prodibio biodigest with noi losses, so I guess they're both good.

8. Mc

Mc

I also cycled a tank in a day using special blend with no losses.

9. Monti

Monti

Ive used in the past: Stability, Prodibio, Microbacter 7 and basically all much of a muchness (although I did tend to favour prodibio).

Currently Zeobak... because I run a zeovit system. Excellent product, just a pity the bottle is so small.

10. Tremayn

Tremayn

hmm, if you can cycle a tank in a day with stability, that would explain why I didnt get any algae or diatoms for months lol. I dumped the whole bottle in my tank and I never had issues

11. Tremayn

Tremayn

but i think zeobak lasts as long as the other brands

12. brentv

brentv

Howzit Henk, Hope you well?
    I am really happy with special Blend... It is working absolute wonders in my tank!
    ... would be interesting to find out if the Aquaria product is a "genuine Trellidoor":whistling:

Information like what is available for Special Blend would be interesting!?:whistling:

...Bump Aquaria

13. Monti

Monti

In this instance how exactly would scientific proof be defined? How have the other brands proved themselves to the public?

14. belindamotion

belindamotion Google Master

I found this on their Site...

Last edited by a moderator: 11 Apr 2016
  15. HenkHugo

HenkHugo

I'm always good - just hectic at the moment :thumbup:

I'll reply to your mail today :tt2:

16. HenkHugo

HenkHugo

17. HenkHugo

HenkHugo

18. magman

magman Thread Starter

19. HenkHugo

HenkHugo

20. Monti

Monti

I get what youre saying (and really am not trying to be a tool), and no doubt microbelift is a great product. However, this comment about manufacturers saying one thing on their bottle in my opinion is a little misleading and does come across as product punting.

The above isnt really that different to this in that we really cant know if its true or not:

Listing bacteria or example doesnt necessarily constitute scientific proof, or their numbers... and to be honest, I doubt you will ever get proper scientific proof on this- quite a few variables involved I would assume.

Im also very wary of product testing videos which promote certain products/ agendas (think the vortech versus tunze video that caused such a stir)

Zeobak doesnt list one thing that it contains(in fact none of the zeovit products do)- doesnt mean it doesnt work.. at the end of the day (in my opinion) most bacterial products Ive used are much of a muchness- and in the long term, what really matters is the carbon available for the bacteria to grow.

Last edited: 1 Mar 2012
  21. HenkHugo

HenkHugo

@Monti - Making these lists public as false decelerations would open any company up to huge liability claims etc. As far as I am aware none of the other bacterial products on the market are willing to disclose what is actually in the products.

Remember Microbe Lift is an American brand and all the packaging, marketing etc complies with American law and I can assure you it is all frivolous litigation proof. Any claim they make they will have scientific data to back it up.

Would you like me to ask them for it?

Recent Posts