Faulty RSM 250 cooling fans

Reaction score
Hi,

I have recently purchased a second hand rsm250 from some guy, and have found out that the heater was not working (easy to replace), and the cooling fans at the back are not working. :(

I have not been able to test the fans, but I have tested the power adapter to the fans, and they are definitely not making electricity. Everything else in the hood works fine (lights, timer, moonlight).

The hood also looks a rather complicated thing to test and I dont have any of the equipment to test electrical faults.

Does anyone have any experiance to share, or someone I could take the hood to for inspection? Any help would be greatly appreciated and gratitude can be shown in the form of beer, freindship, and/or money if so required.

The fans are not that important to me as I plan to use a chiller and the tank is still cycling, but I dont understand the implications of running the hood with a faulty something or the other waiting to catch fire with my tank fully stocked.

Thanks.

20140126_180702.jpg

Fans in a humid environment will never last for years. Expect to replace them.

Yeah, its not the fans I am concerned about as much as it is the power plant for the fans that bothers me.

There is no power from the AC coming out of the hood, just worried that the lighting may go next

Back
Top Bottom