Faulty DC-10000 whats the returns procedure from Cpt to jhb?

Discussion in 'Jungle Aquatics' started by Nemeziz_za, 10 Sep 2013.

1. Nemeziz_za

Nemeziz_za

Hi Bryan,

I recently (6 or so months ago) purchased a Waveline DC - 10000 as the return pump for my reef tank.

This evening it stopped working and is no longer pumping water to my DT. The control box is still showing the LED and I can still "switch it off" via the feed button and am able to ramp up and down the controller via + and - buttons. Obviously this has no impact on the pump motor as that appears to be dead and nothing moving.

Considering its a return pump and rather critical how would you suggest we proceed, do you have swap out stock? Do I ship the pump wait for you to receive it, test it and based on your findings you repair it or ship a replacement straight away?

If at all possible, and you do confirm the pump needs to be swapped out, Id happily pay in the difference for a 12000. The 10000 seems to be lacking in the flow requirement I would have liked for my setup.:thumbup:

Look forward to hearing from you soonest.

P.S I'm posting as I obviously can not phone at this time in the evening and Im hoping this can get the ball rolling even though its after hours. :blush:

Thanks

mornewil likes this.
  2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. DeanT

DeanT Dean

Just to add my 2 cents worth , and I know it has nothing to do with jungle aquatics but this was one of my biggest problems when I had issues

I discussed this with one of the CPT suppliers and it was a concern for me as If you are base in jhb turn around times are assumed to be quicker especially since aquarium depot are based there and you can jump in your car.

anyone based other than jhb has to go through admin to get stuff done and with courier delays this doesn't help

I know you can make a plan to hopefully keep your system running while getting stuff sorted but knowing the money invested in these system some parts are critically and delays could be costly if not catastrophic

I would like to bring @AD Scott into this and find out if this has ever been raised with them and if anything is planned to try and help us out

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Nov 2015
  4. Nemeziz_za

Nemeziz_za Thread Starter

Ok, so I'm pleased this thread is open again so I can post my feedback and experience.

First off my initial post was not intended in a negative manner, it was a communication in the appropriate sponsors area.

They say with every customer complaint, deviation from normal process and dealing with problems lies a unique and time sensitive opportunity to prove as a supplier to your community that they are important to you by stepping up and solving and dealing with them professionally and caringly as possible whilst still keeping to business process.

Bryan did just that, he and Jungle Aquatics have me as a long term customer for sure even though they are thousands of KM`s away.

The morning following my late night post I was contacted by Bryan. He didn't try to hide behind red tape and process. He actually found my invoice and my purchase date to confirm warranty ect.

He sent me through an email, obviously having read my post and offered me a few options in an attempt to solve the problem. Sure there still is process to follow in these cases, which I don't mind as he too is running a business after all.

But through it all I always felt he was trying (pro-actively) to solve the issue by talking to suppliers and chasing couriers whilst keeping me up to date the whole time.

By the afternoon we had agreed to a remedy which has actually got me to spend more with Bryan and purchase a larger pump. The new Pump was dispatched, and my faulty pump shipped up same day at Jungle Aquatics expense which was a nice touch.

I received my new pump today, which means it will be in tonight and my tank potentially running even better then it was before just in time for the weekend. :)

Thanks Bryan and thanks Jungle Aquatics you definitely stepped up and I understand where the strong support you have from this community comes from. Keep up the excellent support and I certainly wish you a long and profitable business.

Last edited: 13 Sep 2013
    mornewil likes this.
  5. Nemos Janitor

Nemos Janitor

I must also apologize to all involved as I misinterpreted the initial post.

mornewil likes this.
  6. MistaOrange

MistaOrange

Nice Eugene & always good to here a sponsor going the extra mile to resolve an issue. Well done @bryan big up to you guys...:thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Nov 2015
  7. carlosdeandrade

carlosdeandrade

8. carlosdeandrade

carlosdeandrade

We are all human bud, some more than others, especially when admitting to fault! Big thumps up!

9. Ridwaan

Ridwaan

don't think Aquarium depot brings in Waveline DC pumps...

Do they?:baffled:

mornewil likes this.
  10. carlosdeandrade

carlosdeandrade

11. DeanT

DeanT Dean

No they don't , I was referring more to the availability of replacements parts in general in areas outside of jhb

Recent Posts