Fanworm collection possible?

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by brcklayer, 2 Jul 2014.

1. brcklayer

brcklayer

Hi Guys

I was scampering around some rock pools in the Helderberg and saw a few beautiful fan worms. I would like some advice on whether or not I will be able to collect one or two from the cold water and acclimatize it to be happy in my tank.
    Any information would be appreciated.

Here is a picute of one in the baby pool
    [​IMG]

2. Guest

3. Steve Warren

Steve Warren

No, they are cold water inverts and do not do well in tropical tanks in the long run.

4. OP
    brcklayer

brcklayer

That's a shame. They are beautiful creatures. Are there any other cold water critters that can be acclimatized perhaps?

5. Gesiggie

Gesiggie Challenge accepted

Cold water inhabitants does not adjust too well in our tropical tanks. Their lifespan is shortened dramatically, and they are often not as bright / fully opened in tropical as in cold water.

It is recommended that you run a coldwater tank specifically if you want to keep these beauties.

Recent Posts