Faiyaz's 1,2m tank

With a bit of luck the Lamarck might turn into a male. Males are much nicer than the females, but that might take some time. Mine changed now after about 2.5 years

Let's hope so patience is key in this game

755788dfac7b82b2a69c4371b67a5f9d.jpg

89342924641dea763403a8d109b7bfd1.jpg

8962a4239ac81461e95f3abd1c39b3bc.jpg

Tank update. New additions include a yellow tang, sand goby (who digs up the whole tank ) and a sand sifting starfish.

Coral wise I added this piece of lps coral and my first piece of Sps. A green plating monti.

I've also started using macro algae in my sump. I have Chaeto, dragons breath and another form of red macro algae.

Hey guys. Sorry I’ve just been really busy with university and exams and haven’t had time to do a proper update. I promise I’ll do a full update next week ♂️ had a bit of a down with fish, but things are looking really really good right now

Hey guys. Time for an update on the tank. With exams finished I’ll be able to update regularly again.

Due to unknown reasons I lost the yellow tang, Lamarck angel and sand goby. No signs of illness or anything. I didn’t add fish for a few weeks to try and find out what was wrong but no luck.

On the bright side I’ve added a few fish since and not a single causality and no issues whatsoever. Currently I have:
1 Clown tang, 3 chromis, 1 Bangai cardinal, 1 dottyback, 2 clownfish (one black and white and one orange and white), 1 sand sifting starfish.

The Coral in the tank is doing really well and I haven’t lost a single one and I’ve been getting good growth and colour. Still only softies and lps.

I also still have my inferno anemones which has grown a lot.

I hope you guys enjoy the pics and let me know if you have any questions

IMG_5939.JPG

IMG_5943.JPG

IMG_5944.JPG

IMG_5948.JPG

IMG_0280.JPG

Would do anything for a clone of that inferno lol. I've got a brand new tunze atu nano to swap if you want...

Haha no sorry man. Not letting it go. It’s the pride and joy of my tank

Your tank looks awesome! what is your feeding regime with the inferno? @Vleis Visagie is right, it is becoming a monster!

Thanks guys. Yeah he’s growing like a beast. I used to feed him half a lance fish or one clam (deshelled) per week but he was growing too fast so I’ve lowered it to one meal every 2 weeks

Cool tank! Nice to see what my tank will look like in its marine form... :p

I see what you mean about the sump going in side ways, definitely makes more sense setup like that. :thumbup:

Hey everyone

Time for an update. So not much has changed since my last update. I haven’t done much to the tank and I’ve just let it grow peacefully.

What’s has happened is:
• I lost one chromis as it jumped out
•I sold my black and white clown as it was too aggressive towards my anemone crab
•I added a couple soft Corals including mushrooms and another pincushions (courtesy of another reefer)
•I added one cleaner shrimp

I’ve gotten quite a bit of growth from certain Corals including some Zoas and my Kenyan tree. The tank is starting to fill up nicely and takes shape.

I’ve continued my dosing of Powerlabs reef channels, Baxteria and detox and it’s working great. I’d definitely recommend it to anyone to give it a try. Quality stuff, made locally and at an affordable price. I do no other dosing and no water changes. Only water top ups with RO water.

I’m feeding 1 strip of nori a day along with a pinch of both hikari carnivore and herbivore probiotic food.

And nope my inferno has my split yet, haha.

IMG_7563.JPG
IMG_7567.JPG
IMG_7568.JPG
IMG_7571.JPG
IMG_7581.JPG
IMG_7583.JPG
IMG_7584.JPG
IMG_7578.JPG

Hi guys

Time for an update.

A few changes to the tank:

•I sold my clown tang as it was getting too aggressive for the tank
•I added a purple tang. He’s been in the tank a couple weeks now and is doing perfectly well
•I added a lovely bubble Coral a few days ago
I added a green bubble tip anemone a couple days ago also
•I lost my dottyback. He jumped out the tank. I’m desperately looking for someone who can build me a tank cover so if anyone knows someone please let me know. I don’t have time to do a diy, so preferably someone who can build it for me.

•I also have a mango jumping bean angel currently in QT. He’s doing great so far. I’ll add him to the tank in a couple of weeks

Here’s a few pics. I hope you guys enjoy them

IMG_8141.JPG
IMG_8145.JPG
IMG_8147.JPG
IMG_8148.JPG
IMG_8154.JPG

Back
Top Bottom