Faith in Humanity restored!

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by gMAN, 23 Nov 2013.

1. gMAN

gMAN with the plan

This pretty awesome if you ask me!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wL9I4BxuryY"]Wild Dolphin Divers to Help Free Itself from Hook - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited: 23 Nov 2013
  2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Bendor

Bendor

4. pkc

pkc

On a collecting trip around ten years back, there was a young turtle caught in fishing line and it seemed to not much time left when it was cut free.
    I took it to the surface quickly and watched as it stayed at the surface for ages so that a common local tiger shark or what ever didn’t get it and from there it swam near us for quite while and came and nearly touched a couple of times.
    That went on for maybe an hour and then we left the site.
    Back then we had no real camera on trips, this was a cheap rubbish video camera, still the prettiest patterned turtle that I have seen in all my years.
    http://s272.photobucket.com/user/aandtsociety/media/Underwater%20videos/turtleatfirstwall.mp4.html

Last edited: 23 Nov 2013
  5. RaveMan

RaveMan

Wow truly inspirational!
    Every so often we are reminded of what us apex predators can do to make a difference.

Our passion for the hobby must go beyond having the best ornament and the education we get from forums like this must be used to mobilize support for environmental issues:

That's why we must support suppliers of livestock (especially) that operate with a conscience and supply only "bred in captivity stock"

Or frags sold from existing stock rather than harvesting more from the wild

It's good to see some suppliers declaring which fish were bred rather than caught (it's like food labeling)

There's much we can do

Last edited: 24 Nov 2013
  6. pkc

pkc

There is only one problem with that, our umbers and nothing else is the problem!
    From our over population comes all problems and it is not going to slow down till there is no more room to live even half reasonably, for anything, not just us.
    For thousands of years and it all began showing greatly over the last three hundred years, so what we do that always has been, always will be.
    Captive bred, the same with recycling, solar panels are all bandaids with the gum weakening, all just ever so slightly prolong the inevitable!
    I would love be here to see what would be the dominant species after this form has evolved into , “as in us at the moment”, once as we are, disappears and our time in sun is done.
    There's much we can do, as this species, sadly there is nothing we can do!

Recent Posts