Eye-level Kitchen tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broder

Mudshark
Reaction score
Thought I'd post some pics of my other tank. It's at eye-level on a wierd dividing wall, that has no purpose in the kitchen. The tank doesn't take up any space in the kitchen, not that I care as I'm a bachelor and don't really like kitchens. With a tank in it, it becomes a useable room again.

It's 150cm x 30cm wide x 35cm high.
Filtration is courtesey of a DSB and an algal scrubber.
For flow there are 2 Seio 820's
Lights: T5 2x 54w 8000k and 2 x 39w actinics

P1010675.jpg

Photo of the position, veiwable from both sides.

P1010678.jpg

Food preparation side.

P1010697.jpg

Dish washing side.

P1010702.jpg

Access and lighting.

P1010646.jpg

DSB and scrubber.

Some inhabitants:

CleanerShrimpWithSoftCorals.jpg

P1010468.jpg

P1010695.jpg

lovely looking tank mudshark :)

i saw another tank in a kitchen when i was in UK with Mike and it truley was spectacular.

im looking to rebuild a kitchen ( one of my favorite rooms in a house :)) and might plug a space for a custom tank into it.

But yours really is lovely, thanks for sharing :)

Nice Mudshark,now you can spend hours in the kitchen.

Hey hey finally, hey that tank is nice and you have to see it up close to see the amount of life in it, it truely is insane.

Very cool!

Nice one there from a chef

fantastic! i would never leave the house (or kitchen) if i were u. please share some more tips on how u got ur softies to that size. How old are they, what do u feed, how often?

P1010271.jpg

Candy cane

P1010273.jpg

Galaxy.

P1010459.jpg

One of a pair of clowns.

P1010634.jpg

One of my favourite creatures chowing down on a star burger.

The colt is about 2.5 years old. I don't feed my corals. They do get some fish food and live brine once in a while. Not running a skimmer probably helps, but you shouldn't do this unless your tank is at least ayear old and you know exactly what the risks are. If you have to ask, you're not ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom