extending stand

Reaction score
hi,i had a stand made,which is 1.5mx600mmx1m(height).it is made out of 38mm square tubing.i have now changed my tank size to 1.5mx1m.will it be safe to extend my stand to accomodate the new tank size.trying to avoid building a new stand because current stand was a bit much(building+galvanising)

hi,i had a stand made,which is 1.5mx600mmx1m(height).it is made out of 38mm square tubing.i have now changed my tank size to 1.5mx1m.will it be safe to extend my stand to accomodate the new tank size.trying to avoid building a new stand because current stand was a bit much(building+galvanising)

Iced, can you post a pic, we can make some suggestions then.

Obviously if it is possible it will have to be re galvanised

will try to do so,just have to load camera software on laptop now.

took a photo of stand,read up about posting pics,cant seem to get it right,can somebody please help,i could mail it to whoever can post it for me

tried using image uploader,tries to upload,then message appears saying this is not an image,sorry if im being stupid

Not at all, Open the pic in MS Paint and save it as a JPEG and make sure you resize it as well.

162149aae0539f32d.jpg

Here we go

On the links on the top, click on image uploader and then on my images :thumbup:

after looking at the photo of the stand can i extend it for the new tank size

What are the actual dimensions of the new tank. Are you making it 1m wide (front to back) now, in which case you could add on or build a small stand behind for the add-on.

What are the actual dimensions of the new tank. Are you making it 1m wide (front to back) now, in which case you could add on or build a small stand behind for the add-on.
the lenght is gonna be 1.5m and the width is gonna be 1m,was thinking about just extending the 600mm side to 1m,was just concerned about safety

I don't see a problem with extending, but as stated above it will have to be re galvanized.

Back
Top Bottom