Eventually getting started!

Day 44... everything still looking good! I added a small amount of phosgaurd to my reactor, Phospate has reduced slightly, hopefully it will reduce further and stabilise in the next few days. Planning to add first coral this week :m16:

If you want to throw money away then use phosguard. Gfo is a much better option and you can just keep renewing the stuff. Works out much much cheaper

Ive been using the same gfo for the past two years if not longer. Swop it out every week. And when my coffee jar is full of old gfo i just renew it and start over again. I dont know what gfo cost now a days. But last when i checked it was around R300 for 1L of ATI phosphate stop. Just be carefull with gfo. Its potent stuff. And if you not carefull it will strip phos in no time

Day 44... everything still looking good! I added a small amount of phosgaurd to my reactor, Phospate has reduced slightly, hopefully it will reduce further and stabilise in the next few days. Planning to add first coral this week :m16:
Tank is looking great Peter, can’t wait to see some corals in there

I have been mulling over the stocking options for my Nano... So far my list looks like this:
1 x Clown
1 x Firefish
1 x Bangai Cardinal
1 x peppermint shrimp

Please shout if anybody can see any issues with that list.... also would appreciate any input regarding CUC... tank is small (+-53 litres)
build looks amazing . why not swop the clown out for a rainfords goby ? clowns in my opinion become irritating , and the shrimp what a about some sexy shrimp or a harli

Hi @Dazz07 thanks alot! ... To be honest I have changed my mind about a thousand times in the last 7 days :m16: so at this point I am certainly open to suggestions!

You need to be brave to add a Harli.....those things are difficult to keep alive if you cant find them stars to feed on

To be very honest I am not loving the look of a screen ontop of the tank.... so the latest thinking is to probably just go with a Bangai (I assume not prone to jumping) and no other fish, unless there is something else that falls into the "unlikely to jump" category.

On the CUC im am still very undecided

Problem with fish is you never know wich ones will jump.....before i had a net...I lost a yellow tang, clown fish, scissor dart fish (Ok his a jumper), and my mom found a pyrymid butterfly lying on the dining room table. Still alive...she threw him back in the tank but he didnt make it. Thats 4 fish.....maybe worth 2k that i lost....then ill rather stick with the ugly net if that means keeping the fish inside

If you want to throw money away then use phosguard. Gfo is a much better option and you can just keep renewing the stuff. Works out much much cheaper
How do you renew GFO? First I've heard of this

Last edited:
And this was a K@k idea @Whoknows ...everytime I look at my tank and see this tap sticking out the side of my cabinet it looks ugly, I will be removing it. I do have another idea to achieve the same thing though.
Why not hide It with another cabinet then? Next to then can doubble for more storage room?

Back
Top Bottom