Evenings wildlife on the way home from fishing

Discussion in 'Sports and Lifestyle' started by crispin, 7 Aug 2012.

1. crispin

crispin

a group from masa were derailing @Leslie hemple thread on Face book and I said i was going to have a crack at some wild brown trout on a dry fly for the evenings entertainment. @seank asked if i could take a camera along and i did so. the fishing was pants to put it mildly as it rained and was blowing fairly stifly so i dragged a spinner through some waters a while but gave up pretty fast and topok my border collie training on sheep in the forest instead.

on the way home I spotted a wild fox and i am gutted i messed up this shot as it could have been a beaut. but in failing light (pic taken at 20:42, in natural light) my shutter speed was too slow and while i tried to adjust the ISO the fox slipped off.

[​IMG]

it could have been a great photo witn the rain on the trees and the fox stading above me slightly, but as always nice to see the willey fox in the wild.

then as i drove along i came across a younge bull Moose in the forest too. this time i had adjusted ISO and took my time a little, so even though i used a 400mm zoom i still managed a fairly good photo or two.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and the last pic just to put it in contex with its surroundings....

[​IMG]

and thats a fairly standard evening for me here. so you guys enjoy the snow for today and i'll enjoy the wildlife....i know full well that the tables will turn on me in a few months time.

Just out of intrest the last photo I took on the moose was a little past 9 in the evening and i still had enough light to use a 400mm zoom without a flash:)

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Nov 2015
  2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. CocaColaza

CocaColaza

Believe me at that distance you will need a flare not a flash. :p

Nice pics though

Last edited: 7 Aug 2012
  4. seank

seank

Wow Crispin, thanks for my request. Next time take some more pics. I still think the fox photo is a classic

5. RiaanP

RiaanP Moderator

Not in Norway. On a good day the girls still catch a tan that time of the night.

Nice day you had Crispin. A whole lot better than mine.

6. ziyaadb

ziyaadb

wow awesome man just awesome.

7. belindamotion

belindamotion Google Master

Lovely photo's...:thumbup:..reminds me a little bit of when we lived in the States...instead of a Moose and a Fox, we had the Squirrel, Raccoon and the odd Possum...:p

Recent Posts