RSS Eric Borneman Arrested

This is quite a hectic story. Dr Herbert R. Axelrod was also arrested. But for Tax Evasion... There are lots of reef keeping criminals out there... Not sure if I trust any of you buggers anymore. :eek:

:tt2:

Haha, did you get that from my post on 3Reef? Quite a lot of drama in this hobby!

Oddly enough, I think this is the only forum Eric Borneman didn't succeed in getting me banned from. I love you guys for that... you were like "dude, this is South Africa, we don't get pushed around by anyone."

3reef? Nope. Never been there... Will look it up. Heard about Axelrod years ago. I was a fan, of sorts.

There really is alot of drama around... Such a pity we can't all just get along. LOL!

But I guess there is drama in all aspects of life. Why should our hobby be any different? We like to take pretty things from oceans and pop them in little glass boxes. If we don't know it's bad, then we learn the hard way, but Eric B should know better. I mean, hasn't he got stuff named after him? Surely being a "leader" in the field, should make you even more aware of the difference between right and wrong?

Or maybe I'm just naive?

Well, certainly, that would be ideal for any leader of anything. But in the defense of these hobby leaders who fall short of our expectations, any one of them could probably fairly say "hey, I just wanted to people how to keep an aquarium, not how to be a good person." I don't think Borneman, or anyone else in the hobby for that matter, ever signs up to be a "role model" in terms of ethical or responsible living in general.

Maybe it's kinda like when parents get mad at Brittany Spears because their daughters saw her as a role model. Is that fair? I don't know...

Last edited:
Haha, did you get that from my post on 3Reef? Quite a lot of drama in this hobby!

Oddly enough, I think this is the only forum Eric Borneman didn't succeed in getting me banned from. I love you guys for that... you were like "dude, this is South Africa, we don't get pushed around by anyone."
:)

so when are u moving here? atleast come for a proper tour of the place :)

:)

so when are u moving here? atleast come for a proper tour of the place :)

I do sincerely intend to visit South Africa someday. It's just a matter of saving the cash and getting time off...

Well, certainly, that would be ideal for any leader of anything. But in the defense of these hobby leaders who fall short of our expectations, any one of them could probably fairly say "hey, I just wanted to people how to keep an aquarium, not how to be a good person." I don't think Borneman, or anyone else in the hobby for that matter, ever signs up to be a "role model" in terms of ethical or responsible living in general.

Maybe it's kinda like when parents get mad at Brittany Spears because their daughters saw her as a role model. Is that fair? I don't know...[/QUOTE]
do i read into that you are taking britney as a mothering role model????????:p

i must say as fun as it is to use Borenmans pic and story to laugh a little at, i certainly hope he gets through whatever life is throwing at him. He has done an incredible amount of good the world over and he is well liked in SA for the talks he has given and time or knoweldge he has shared. i wish him well, especially as hot orange would realy clash with his eyes

Haha, oh, certainly not... however, that said, there are certain things that, when you're not a parent you think "omg, how could a person do that to their child?!" And then once you have a kid, you get just a little bit of sympathy (not a lot, but just a little) for some of those things.

For example, the public was so harsh towards her when she was caught holding her baby in her lap in the car (rather than putting him in the car seat). When I first saw that I thought "that woman is such an irresponsible lunatic!" Then I had a baby and I had a car seat... and I'll admit, after struggling with a strap or handle or base attachment for the 10th time in one day, there have been fleeting moments when I've thought "ugh, I wish I could just hold in my lap, we're only going 3 blocks, why do I have to bother with this damn thing?" Of course, reason returned immediately and I would never actually hold my baby in my lap in a moving car... the difference now is that I have just that small bit of understanding as to why someone might do that.

Haha, oh, certainly not... however, that said, there are certain things that, when you're not a parent you think "omg, how could a person do that to their child?!" And then once you have a kid, you get just a little bit of sympathy (not a lot, but just a little) for some of those things.

For example, the public was so harsh towards her when she was caught holding her baby in her lap in the car (rather than putting him in the car seat). When I first saw that I thought "that woman is such an irresponsible lunatic!" Then I had a baby and I had a car seat... and I'll admit, after struggling with a strap or handle or base attachment for the 10th time in one day, there have been fleeting moments when I've thought "ugh, I wish I could just hold in my lap, we're only going 3 blocks, why do I have to bother with this damn thing?" Of course, reason returned immediately and I would never actually hold my baby in my lap in a moving car... the difference now is that I have just that small bit of understanding as to why someone might do that.
I run a kindergarden from my farm.......8 rug rats under the age of 2 and i swear i have sympathy for michael jackson at times let alone spears!

Last edited:
Shame, the oke was having a rough weekend. We have ALL been there!
That's it in a nutshell dude. How many of us haven't hit rock bottom before? Anyway, all that I know about him is that he was swimming in a swimming pool other than his own. Jeez... I'll remember not to do that in the unlikely event that I ever visit USA.

Back
Top Bottom