Emporer Angel

Discussion in 'Urgent Help Needed' started by durleo, 25 Dec 2009.

1. durleo

durleo

I bought a juv emperor angel in the last 2 weeks - He initially was eating fine but in the last 2 days he is not attempting to eat food. He swims near the bottom and seems like he cannot balance properly -
    Should i put him in the sump and try to feed him separately?

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. chikaboo

chikaboo

Hey there Durleo - How you keeping buddy - To sump him has its pro's and cons but might be the better option to sump him in case he is being harassed (being a juvi) and with your size of tank you dont want him getting himself stuck where you cant get him out - for now better to sump him and monitor him from there - you will have better damage control if he doesn't make it and he has less stress on his own in the sump so his chances of recovery if he is stressed are better there than the main tank;)

4. durleo

durleo Thread Starter

Thanks Bro -

Im gonna do that 2morrow - He is such a lovely fish that i would hate to lose him

5. chikaboo

chikaboo

That he is - he truly does justice to his name - majestic and gorgeous like an emperor!

6. Atilla

Atilla Sponsor

what was he feeding on before? any other fish bothering him in the dt? any visual marks on him?

7. durleo

durleo Thread Starter

He was eating flakes and marine mix and norrie - No other fish bothered him and he jus rapidly deteriorated. He died yesterday:(

8. durleo

durleo Thread Starter

I have not had any luck with fish from a certain LFS in gateway - My first batch of fish i lost a powder blue - pyjama tang - copperband - blue cheek goby.
    If it was my water quality then how did fish from other shops still surviving.
    I now purchased a regal tang and this emporer and the emporer died within two weeks.:(
    I am gonna have a chat with the owner and tell him that his suppliers and sending fish in a bad condition. He is a nice guy so lets hope he listens.
    We cant keep losing livestock like this, Besides the big money we fork out for these pets it will damage the hobby for everyone.

9. Sentari

Sentari

Why not put a deposit down for the fish and ask the LFS to keep it for awhile before taking it. Then you will know if its the LFS or your tank.

Ive done this on numerous occasions when i have doubt about the fish in the LFS.

10. durleo

durleo Thread Starter

How long should they be kept for? - I mean the problem normally arises in the 2/3 week. Most LFS will keep them for only a few days and during that time the fish will survive but when we introduce them their immune systems are so low and internal organs deteriorated from cyanide or de-compression problems!

11. durleo

durleo Thread Starter

I think the LFS should re-assure customers that their suppliers are taking good care of fish and if a fish dies they should offer the customer the next fish at cost price!

12. Sentari

Sentari

If youve paid a deposit i'm sure they wont mind keeping it for some time. Make sure you make them aware of the problem that you are having and see if they can sort something out.

Recent Posts