Emergency Preparedness

Ok not too glued up but this is what I get from the user manual
Rated frequency (Hz) : 50
Rated Power (kW) : 4,8
Rated Voltage (AC)(A) : 20.8
Rated revolution (rpm) : 3000
Does this help as it's greek to me:confused1::lol:

bump! Any electric dudes can help me out here?

Someone owes me about R8000 for awhile now - want to take this away from him or is it not worth it - Its new - diesel - and fits in the whole bin of my bakkie! weighs about 100kgs - said it can run a whole house!

Ok not too glued up but this is what I get from the user manual
Rated frequency (Hz) : 50
Rated Power (kW) : 4,8
Rated Voltage (AC)(A) : 20.8
Rated revolution (rpm) : 3000
Does this help as it's greek to me:confused1::lol:

First off is it 3 phase or single phase ?

If it is single phase its not to bad a price for a diesel genie, as it looks like a SEMI SILENT unit.

Frequency is normal 50 Hz on Aircrafts they use 400Hz and some countries use 60Hz.
Rated power is 4,8kW, the amount of power you can consume from the supply. Bare in mind this guy says you can run your entire house from this genie - i dont think so.
You will be able to run some stuff from the genie, but not all at once if it is single phase. A geyser element is 3kW. A kettle is 2kW. Microwave 750W or 0.75kW to 3000W or 3kW. Get the picture. So add up all equipments wattage to be plugged in and you should not exceed the rated continuous full load kW of the genie. And i wont use more than 85% of the rated current continuously in any case. Take the total kW multiply it with 1000 and you'll have the wattage(W) devide the answer with 230V (genies are set at 230V) that will give you full load current example:

Wattage = 4,8kW x 1000 = 4800W
Voltage = 230V
Amps = 4800 / 230
= 20.8Amps total current to be consumed
Genies are usually set to run at 230V and most houses is between 220V and 230V.
Then the RPM is the amount of revolutions the motor will rotate in one minute and that is normal.

I hope this helps. :biggrin:

What make is this genie, let me know and i can tell you if it is worth while. Some of these imports cannot handle 50% OF THE FULL LOAD CURRENT.

Hi Chikka, this gennie you are looking at I compared to one with the same spec and we sell it for R 7 500-00 so it seems worth it if thats what you want.

Thanx Brentnorm for checking up on it whats worrying me is what Max said - this is definately a import gennie but the chap brought in a ship load - goes by the name "power star" - it said air cooled diesel generator - has a 3 phase output and normal 2 phase 220 volt and has "AVR"

Back
Top Bottom