Electrical Guru's - please comment

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Warr7207, 2 Jul 2009.

1. Warr7207

Warr7207

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. dallasg

dallasg Moderator MASA Contributor

[FONT=&quot]Yes, it’s a power factor corrector. Works nice (Saves Eskom costs) when used in conjunction with PC’s and Fluorescent lighting. Will save u money if you have many of these devices in your home.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]I would estimate that in a typical home you might save up to 20%, but I need to do more research on how these devices actually affect your Eskom bill though.[/FONT]

4. jacquesb

jacquesb Retired Moderator

No electrical guru Warren - but, if something "sounds to good to be true, it usually is"...

I MUST say - if you are looking at saving power at home, get yourself a timer for the DB board, and connect your geyser to it....
    We have our geyser on for only 5 hours in the day, and our electricity usage/cost has gone down by at least R250 per month.

5. Kavir

Kavir

Have 1 of those timers at my home in MP, i does save u alot, although wen the power trips and starts up again our timer makes the most naaring beeping sound ever, So it's times can be reset.

6. FransSny

FransSny

Never seen them, just mailed a friend whos big into "green pwer" etc, lets see what he says

But I agree seems to good to be true...also stuff from overseas sites are marketed to their audience

7. AndrévN

AndrévN

EXCELLENT PRODUCT. By the looks of it. It is a power factor correction system and works with power factor caps. I have installed and maintained many huge 3 phase units and they are excellent in the reduction of power consumption. I have seen accounts go from R160 000-00 go down to R 90 000-00 per month on large units and the amps drawn drop from 1350 amps down to 720-750 reduction of 600 amps on a single plant. If they have the proper caps and technology into this it should save you a lot on the eletricity bills. Especially guys using aircons, pool pumps, motors, chillers they are energy wasting equipment in the worst form. Metal halides also consumes a lot but motors compressors on aircons are killers. Ill definitely reed more on this and give my input. My bill has gone up by R1800 since installing my marine tank and im gonna look into this. For certain. Maybe i can save some nice tom to spend on inmates. :biggrin:

8. Warr7207

Warr7207 Thread Starter

[​IMG]

9. viper357

viper357 Admin MASA Contributor

I see you like that smilie, I've added it to our list, just type the word bump with a : on either side of it, like this...
    Code:
    :bump:

10. dallasg

Max and I answered :) :)

11. AndrévN

AndrévN

My apology, i didnt see yours or we posted together sorry dallsg. ;)

12. Warr7207

Warr7207 Thread Starter

Thanks Dean

13. dallasg

hehe no worries, just saying we both had answered his Q

Recent Posts