Eish A Dof Question Here Guys

Discussion in 'Beginner Discussions' started by wors143, 9 Aug 2009.

1. wors143

wors143

Ok Guys searched hi and low and now posts i can reference. so her goes paiting the back of the tank..... what paint to use? pva. gloss. oilbased... any make in particular what colour is best... sky blue, baby blue, ford cortina blue? ha ha ha.... do you paint the inside or the outside..... pretty sure it's outside just checking.... thanx for all the support so far guys

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Stressed Eric

Stressed Eric

Lol, nah, not a bad question at all, I take it you have no livestock, that makes it a lot easier with the fumes, etc . . . I went with acrylic pva mainly out of ease of use, cleaning up, and so on, I don't think there are any hard and fast rules about what to use and what not to use . . . One thing i can suggest is take your time with cleaning the glass before painting, any smudge of oil or grease will make your life a misery . . . As far as colour, my choice was pitch black - it hides algae and gives great depth to the tank, again, personal preference. I've seen blue backgrounds, it looks good, but shows brown and gets dirty. Your choice.

4. Jaak

Jaak

Waiting for Leslie's reply on this one...

5. wors143

wors143 Thread Starter

Thank you Eric much appreciated. yes my new system is empty just getting all the bits and bobs now. Went yesterday to get the ballast and fittings..... well spent R5000 grand on some stuff.... he he he he. Need to wait for my support brace to come back. The very dof tank builder put a sppourt brace of the overflow box. so took it of and getting a hole drilled in the glass and getting it armour plated. so now I have to wait for 2 weeks for the glass and another week when I silicone it back on.... so in the meantime I can tinker with the plumbing and lights and make sure everything is ready when filling up with water. I saw a cool pic of a system that was painted blue at the bottom and integrated with white that looks the sky quite cool.... I think I am sold on the black though.

6. riyadhessa

riyadhessa

wors no question is a dof one...especially when it is to do with your pride and joy...

Recent Posts